Backed by Aviva, Opun is the UK’s only assured end-to-end home improvement digital services platform, targeting the UK’s £44bn a year home improvement market with a new, ambitious and radical approach to deliver service efficiency. Increasingly recognised as the disruptive presence that the industry needs, it is our aim to become the UK’s Number 1 Home Improvement provider and brand by 2020.
Operating across the South East, we are now looking to recruit a Regional Manager who is responsible for managing the relationships that exist between Opun, our direct labour and our Trade Partners, and ensure that all customer projects run smoothly.
You will have a great working knowledge of being in the Trades and will be able to liaise with both customers and small business owners alike; helping to promote the values of our business. Your knowledge of Health and Safety will be exemplary as will your customer service skills - every customer is our first customer and need to be treated as such.
- To oversee a variety of projects in your region to ensure the customer receives the very best level of workmanship and customer service.
- To ensure that both directly employed and sub-contract Trade Partners under your responsibility deliver in line with each project requirement, adhering to agreed budgets and the Opun standard.
- To recruit, motivate and lead a team of Team Managers, to manage a team of directly employed tradesmen.
- To ensure that each Trade Partner performs in accordance with their contractual obligations
- To ensure that all Health & Safety policies are adhered to.
- To support the Regional Trade Partner Account Manager in maintaining an adequate number of trade partners to deliver the required capacity for delivery.
- To be responsible for interviewing and recruiting the right number of directly employed tradesmen to deliver the required forecast.
- To ensure adequate visibility of each project undertaken to enable effective resolution of any problems before they impact the customer
- To be constantly aware of, and implement strategies, to overcome problems that may impact the timely delivery of each project requirement or cost
- To run supplier meetings including regular progress reviews to ensure contract performance and understand the status of each Trade Partner that we work with
- To be an active member of an integrated, multi-functional project team
- Participate in improvement opportunities, sharing best practice where appropriate within other sectors/projects.
- Promote best practice - never be afraid to help make us better
- Support the management team through the provision of timely reports, data or other such information as may be required.
- Educate your Trade Partners on best practice
- Visit customers regularly. Then visit them again - making our customers feel special is paramount to us.
- Be responsible for the checking and validation of Trade Partner quotations, ensuring that they are in line with (fair) market price at all times
- Liaise with, and support the Trade Partners when quotations are rejected or customers
- Be an integral part of the arbitration process, being objective and supportive to both parties if called upon
- To be the gold standard to which all other Trade Partner Assessors can follow
- When required, and where the business dictates, undertake to manage direct reports, ensuring they are effectively directed at achievement of company and project objectives.
- Working with other Trade Partner resources to maximize contribution to each project.
- When applicable, provide help and guidance through a mixture of direction and coaching (as considered appropriate) ensuring effective personal development plans and 1 to 1's are undertaken in a timely manner to maximize the development of individuals in the team.
- To ensure their own and others full potential is realised