Senior Radiographer - Mammography (FTC)
We are recruiting for an experienced Radiographer to provide a highly skilled and specialised Mammography services for patients within the imaging department at a private hospital in St John's Wood, London. This role represents an excellent opportunity for an experienced Radiographer with experience in CT & MRI.
This role is a FTC to cover maternity leave.
The Chosen Candidate will be responsible for performing a range of diagnostic radiographic procedures - general x-ray, theatres, mammography, fluoroscopy, DSA and Interventional Radiology - as required throughout the Hospital, contributing to the delivery of an effective, efficient and responsive Imaging service.
Senior Radiographer - Mammography Responsibilities:
- Assess the clinical justification of Radiography referrals Act as a point of advice for imaging referrers
- Act as a point of advice for patient enquiries regarding their referral
- Acquire diagnostic images and physically position the full range of patient presentations
- Operate advanced software on specialised Radiological equipment
- Participate in the organisation, co-ordination and prioritisation of the flow of work within the department
- Maintain a high level of expertise in the safe operation of X-Ray equipment and manage faults effectively
- Ensure that a high standard of patient care and high professional standards are maintained throughout the Imaging department
- Participate in a CPD programme for all staff
- Review images and in liaison with Radiologists ensure that supplementary imaging procedures are considered
- Be familiar with the range of technical applications available on Imaging equipment
- Work as part of a team to ensure effective communication and delivery of care.
- Liaise with other departments/wards within the hospital and various external sources
- Adapt and quickly respond to changes in service, patients or departmental need.
- Trouble-shoot equipment faults and make suitable provision for the service in the event of equipment failure
- Demonstrate a wide range of problem solving skills involving allocation of staff due to absence and associated adequate service provision
- Participate in the breast MDT meetings
Am I the right person for this Senior Radiographer - Mammography?
- Diagnostic Diploma of College of Radiographers or BSc Hons
- Evidence of CPD
- Certificate of Competence in Mammography
- Expert knowledge of diagnostic imaging
- Delivery, especially in Mammography
- Current HCPC registration
- Evidence of decision making skills
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently & accurately
- Excellent presentation skills
- Self motivated & able to motivate others
Apply Today To Secure A Quick Interview!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'