Every year the company performs over 100 million DNA tests performed on 1 million human, plant and animal samples and to date have completed over 1 billion KASP genotyping PCR reactions. They have a biobank repository of over 400,000 validated KASP genotyping assays and sequence DNA from 600,000 samples annually.
This Senior PCR Expert role provides an opportunity for an exceptional individual to create customer focussed innovative technologies to address challenges faced by the biotechnology and life science industries. Pursuing a passion for PCR technologies you will apply your expertise to drive new product development, delivery of custom solutions to global customers. Combining a creative scientific ability with business acumen to generate novel differentiated products.
Your main responsibilities in this role will be to:
• Take a lead in new product development.
• Collaborate with scientists across the company to ensure launch of high value products and services
• Be a 'go-to' technical expert in the field of PCR technologies.
• Take management responsibility of direct reports
In order to be considered for this role, you will be required to have the following qualifications, skills and experience:
• Have PhD (or BSc and equivalent experience) in a relevant subject such as Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or a related field (or equivalent)
• Experience of working in industry or an understanding of new product development
• Expert knowledge of a broad range of PCR techniques
• General understanding of molecular biology techniques
• Proven track record in the development of new products and services
• Experience in the application of Design of Experiments to product development
• Capable of technical transfer of methods and products including training and protocol writing
• Ability to devise verification plans with minimal input or direction
• Expert troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
• Ability to replicate and modify external methods with minimal technical information or support.
• Ability to manage and develop junior scientists
The ideal candidate will be passionate about seeking and accepting a challenge with a customer focus and the desire to motivate and lead others. They will be creative and innovative always questioning and influencing and with the integrity to plan, analyse, decide and develop. They will have excellent problem solving, be highly communicative, foster collaboration and have the flexibility required in such a position.
If successful, you will be joining a company that believes it's employees sets them apart from the competition, thanks to the diversity of skills, knowledge and expertise as well as having an international pool of talents, demonstrated every day by their teams. They encourage existing and future employees to set the bar high and challenge them to look continuously for ways to exceed their customers' expectations. They have exciting opportunities both in the UK and internationally and they expect the impressive growth rate they have seen over the last few years to continue enabling them to offer exciting development for everyone at the company.
Please note that your CV should show exact dates of employment (month and year) and any gaps of a month or more should be explained.
CK Group is an Equal Opportunities employer who welcomes applications from all who meet our selection criteria.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 working days of your application for this role, it means that on this occasion you have not been shortlisted for the next stage of the recruitment campaign. Entitlement to work in the EEA is essential. Please quote reference ST41470 in all correspondence.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job