Senior Quantity Surveyor
If you are a senior Quantity surveyor who comes from a Main contractor background and have experience leading a residential project from cradle to grave, this opportunity may be of interest to you
A vacancy on a brand new residential project in North London has arisen due to company expansion. Do you want to work for a top 5 main contractor / developer who pride themselves on their progressive ethos?
- Exciting new RC frame development consisting of 750 units.
- £150m aggregate value
- Great exposure for a hungry senior QS with an aptitude for learning - with a commercial manager who is willing to take time to share their extensive knowledge.
- Fantastic mentors to learn from, some of the best in the game.
- 3 years of solid work forecasted on project - great promotion opportunities moving forward
What you will be doing
- You will essentially be leading the project and your own team
- Manage and drive subcontract procurement, deliver the procurement to a programme ensuring timely placed orders. Identify risks, gains, areas of design input or potential value engineering.
- Establish and monitor subcontract resources.
- Produce sub-contractor buying analyses together with detailed back-up information identifying the package summary for approval by the Commercial Manager / Project Manager / Regional Director, prior to the order being placed.
- Preparing CVR's
- Manage other members of commercial staff, likely to be at Trainee/Assistant or QS level. Support and maximise their output, carry out their appraisal and performance reviews.
- At least 10 years experience working within a QS position in the UK, with experience in leading a residential project from inception to final accounts
- An excellent approach to work and professional outlook on the construction industry
- Main contractor/developer experience desired
- RC Frame experience needed
- Strong references
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid commercial acumen
- Educated to a degree level or equivalent (BSc Quantity Surveying preferred)
- Paying up to £85,000 basic salary - this is negotiable for the right person
- Highly competitive remuneration package
- Bonus up to 10%
- Dynamic, forward thinking company, progressive ethos
- Increased maternity / paternity pay
- 28 days holiday
- Opportunity for flexible working
- Strong pipeline of work
- Long term stability and progression
If you're interested in the role and want to hear more, reply to this advert with your CV and I'll contact you directly. If you would prefer to have an initial discussion over the phone, give Max Chambers a call in our offices on .
Your details will be kept strictly confidential and will never be sent to anyone without you first giving permission. I'll look forward to hearing from you, come back to me ASAP to make the initial shortlist!
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'