We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our expanding and busy team of professionals
The role is responsible for establishing and maintaining a robust reporting system for identifying and analysing key data to use for all of Cross Keys Homes' new build development programme.
Who we are....
Cross Keys Homes is a commercial business with a social heart. We're dedicated to providing high-quality, affordable housing in prosperous communities.
We're the largest social housing landlord in Peterborough, managing more than 11,000 properties and housing around 14% of the city's population. We're also growing and moving into new areas, including Huntingdonshire, Milton Keynes, and Bedfordshire. We provide affordable homes for social rent, private rent, leasehold and shared ownership.
We want to provide high-quality, affordable homes to even more people. That's why, over the last 10 years, we've built more than 1,300 new homes. And by 2018, we'll be building around 400 homes every year.
We're more than just a landlord. We want to make neighbourhoods happy and vibrant places for people to live. We do that by investing in homes, green spaces and leisure facilities, and by supporting local people through training, education and employment.
We're also dedicated to the needs of older and vulnerable people - being the city's largest provider of independent living schemes. With our LifeLine emergency alarm service, community care, sheltered housing and our state-of the-art extra care facilities like Lapwing Apartments, we help people live independently with support available if they need it
This is what we are looking for...
- Significant experience of employer's agent/quantity surveying role for major new build housing schemes.
- Experience of producing reports on a monthly basis relating to project deliverables
- Experience of programme analysis, interrogation, interpretation and client reporting.
- Experience to include interpretation of contracts, design and implementation of change management, resolution of contractual disputes, design and implementation of project controls, contract correspondence and financial close of contracts.
- Experience of writing contract specifications or bills of quantities, pre and post tender documentation and procurement processes and evaluation of tenders.
- Strong knowledge and use of document management systems to aid efficient service delivery.
- Detailed knowledge of new build contractual arrangements and section 106 agreements working with social landlords, developers and local authorities.
- High quality oral and written communications (reports and instructions)
- Highly skilled in contract negotiation
- Pro-active approach - Able to identify areas of need and to manage outputs
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- A flexible attitude able to respond to the needs of the business.
- Excellent financial cost control skills and ability to communicate the financial position of contracts to stakeholders and clients on a monthly basis.
- Clean driving licence and use of an appropriate vehicle for business purposes
Whilst we endeavour to contact all applicants, should you not hear from us within 21 days of applying please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we are offering:
- A highly competitive salary is offered depending on skills, experience and knowledge
- On site car park
- 25 days annual leave
- Excellent learning and development opportunities
- Highly competitive contributory pension scheme
- On Site collection and delivery Dry Cleaning Service
- Discounted Gym Membership
- Free Onsite Yoga Classes
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Essential Car User Allowance and Mileage
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'