Your new role
Highways England is an organisation striving for commercial excellence and we have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our regional commercial team. You will be a part of a project team aligned to Asset Delivery which is critical to the smooth running of the strategic road network and includes the following high-volume, high profile contracts: Maintenance and Response (M&R), Design Services, Construction Works and Specialist Goods and Services.
Managing your own portfolio of works with a value in excess of £10m you will provide expert advice and knowledge on commercial and contractual matters playing an integral role in the successful delivery of structures, highways and drainage schemes. The role will be a key part of the project team ensuring accurate payments are made in accordance with the contract whilst maximising opportunities for Collaboration with all contractors. Expert knowledge of NEC contracting and Highways Construction will give invaluable support to scheme project managers for all programming and construction work.
As a flexible working organisation we are pleased to offer this role from either our Bristol or Exeter office.
This is a great opportunity to join Highways England! As well as being a major client investing £11bn across the strategic road network between 2015 - 2020, we offer exposure to civil engineering projects that are connecting communities, sustaining business and support the economy.
What you'll be leading on
* Preparation of target prices in line with the contract from ECI to project completion
* Supply Chain management including sending enquiry documentation, quotation assessment, task order award and instructions to supply chain where required.
* Supply Chain Payment assessment including all relevant documentation on a monthly basis
* Ensure Scheme Cost and value reconciliation is performed to ensure correct cost capture has occurred
* Management of early warning and compensation events to the supply chain as necessary
* Final Account agreements and cost intelligence capture
* Supervise work of Assistant/Trainee Quantity Surveyors and Quantity Surveyors as and when required.
To be successful
* You will hold a B.Sc. (H) or HND in Civil Engineering, Quantity Surveying or commercial management
* You will have proven experience within a Quantity Surveying / Commercial function gained post qualification
* You will have previously held a role that includes people management
* You will have excellent communication skills
* You will have experience of delivering projects over £5 million
* You will have experience of delivering projects various forms of contract Including NEC
A bit about us
There's never been a better time to join our Commercial and Procurement team.
We're a growing, vibrant team helping to drive the most ambitious roads investment programme our country has ever seen. You'll be involved in ensuring that our customers and road workers get home safe and well every day while travelling or working on our road network.
Want to know more?
Please review the role profile to find out more.
Why you should join us
At Highways England we believe in a connected country. We are passionate about creating a culture where colleagues feel connected, included and enjoy greater wellbeing to achieve this. We're proud that as an organisation we are continually striving to do better and actively encourage and support our colleagues to do the same with their careers.
So if you put safety first, take ownership of your work, show passion for what you do, work effectively in a team, and demonstrate integrity in how you do it - then you'll be a great fit for our organisation.
And finally we reserve the right to close before the advertised closing date, so we recommend completing your application as soon as possible.
- Civil Engineering
- Commercial Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Contract Administration
- Senior Quantity Surveyor
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'