SENIOR QUANTITY SURVEYOR - VERY ATTRACTIVE SALARY!
SALARY £50,000 - £60,000 DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE PLUS AN EXCELLENT BENEFITS PACKAGE
Our client is a medium-sized bespoke house building company delivering new build city centre developments and town/village homes in primary locations across South East England. They pride themselves on building premium quality, design-led high specification homes for families and first-time buyers.
They can offer their home buyers an exclusive lifestyle through the creation of their stunning homes which has enhanced their reputation for quality, customer service and desirable locations in which to live.
About the Role:
Working within the Housing division, the successful candidate will take Commercial and Contractual control of all housing projects. Our client is looking for a Surveyor who is not only highly motivated and ambitious but also demonstrates exceptional team-work ethics and is willing to oversee other Surveyors. The Senior Surveyor will be involved in a number of Housing projects at any one time.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing costs on a variety of new residential developments with on some projects associated commercial facilities
- Administer agreements between various parties, performing value management and cost control
- Advising on procurement strategy
- Preparation of housing association contractor proposals and negotiating to ensure budgets are not exceeded
- Allocating work to subcontractors
- Appoint and administer sub-contractor to carry out works including subsequent agreement of final account
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments
- Day to day supervision of less experienced and trainee Surveyors
- Liaise with the Estimating, Buying, Technical, Land, Accounts and Sales departments as necessary
- Attend Housing Association meetings and internal progress meetings
- Produce periodic cost reports including forecasting future costs through to the completion of the development
- Liaising with Clients / Employer’s Agent / Quantity Surveyor and agree interim valuations and final accounts
- Ensure that interim valuations are submitted and paid on time
- Update cost data base on sq. ft comparisons to assist future land buying viabilities
- You will be expected to hold an appropriate level of qualification, a Degree in Quantity Surveying, or similar
- Residential housing developer experience
- Relevant and up to date CSCS card and excellent Health & Safety knowledge.
- RICS/ CIOB Accredited preferred but not essential
- Outstanding management skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work, under pressure in a busy environment
- To communicate effectively and maintain working relationships with colleagues and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy: Microsoft Packages, Word, Excel, Outlook. COINS financial software, or similar.
Should this amazing opportunity be of interest to you, please forward your CV to Shannon O'Sullivan.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response, occasionally due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible and we are only able to contact shortlisted candidates. We will keep your details on file and may contact you with future opportunities.
- Computer Literate
- Interpersonal Skills
- Highly Motivated
- Health & Safety Knowledge
- Degree in Quantity Surveying
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job