Senior Quantity Surveyor
£45,000-£50,000 P/A (Depending on Experience)
Alecto Recruitment is proud to be recruiting on behalf of an award-winning house builder based in the North East.
Our client develops superb homes across the Yorkshire region. The company has won over 60 awards for design & construction excellence, with an enviable track record of successful high-quality developments, the company traded successfully through the recession and has been growing both volume and margins ever since.
Due to its continued and ongoing success, the company now wishes to recruit a new Senior QS to help deliver its next generation of successful, high profile developments that are coming through the pipeline.
Senior QS; Housing & Property
The successful candidate will be an integral part of the senior management team going forward, with overall responsibility for the cost side of the company's projects. This is an exciting role for a dynamic and motivated individual with significant opportunity to grow within the role and make a real difference.
- Monthly valuations of existing projects including liaising with the bank re funding drawdowns
- Reporting to the Board monthly re project updates & briefings, company performance re budgets & milestones
- Bringing forward new projects- cost plans & programmes in conjunction with commercial manager
- Oversight of project professional consultant teams and their outputs
- Working with buying manager re supply chain management/ supplier account/ sub contractor relationships
- Oversee contract documentation re subcontractor/ suppliers
- Promote commercial awareness across the project teams
- Provide advice & guidance to senior management re commercial & contractual matters
The successful applicant
- Strong residential development background (some commercial experience might also be useful)
- Strong understanding of modern QS techniques
- Experience of complex development projects & their requirements
- Ambitious with a strong commercial awareness
- Good communication skills
- Tenacious in the face of challenge
- Understands the concept of quality
- Able to effectively manage the professional consultant team to get the best results
To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to .
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
Responsibilities will include material take-offs, cost control, negotiating prices with suppliers, attend pre-contract meetings (car provided), identifying and costing additional works during the construction phase, payment certification and account settlements.
Based mainly in the head office, you will also regularly visit the live projects to maintain management of ongoing costs and materials.