Senior Quantity Surveyor
About the role
Due to recent growth and new projects coming on board, Capita is now looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join our established team in Central London. This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing part of the Capita Property & Infrastructure business where you will be based in London, Gresham Street, working with clients in the Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier and Education sectors.
About Capita | Local Government, Health & Property
Capita Local Government Health & Property is part of Capita plc, the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
We are one of the UK's largest and most diverse multidisciplinary consultancies in the design, management, infrastructure, real estate, civil engineering, environmental management and transport sectors. We are also the market leader in strategic public-private partnerships with local government clients.
We have over 4,000 staff based in 60 UK & Ireland offices offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of size, complexity or sector.
What you will do:
- Estimating and cost planning
- Production of feasibility studies and estimates from minimal design information, through to detailed cost plans
- Preparation of tender documentation
- Interfacing with the client and other consultants
- Monitor the costs of projects and their progress in relation to the programme
- Work according to the agreed technical approach and to the required technical quality standards and procedures
- Perform all RICS core competencies and RICS QS Competencies
- Participate in APC training including Supervisor role and guidance for candidates, where appropriate
Your experience will include:
- Extensive professional experience within a consultancy environment
- Evidence of leading projects in a client facing role
- Demonstrable knowledge of the property sector
- Experience working on medium large scale property projects within the Commercial Developer, Residential, Corporate Occupier and Education sectors is desirable
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.