One of the UK’s leading providers of new build and refurbished living solutions seeks to appoint a Senior Quantity Surveyor for a £22m new build project in Milton Keynes. The scheme is to provide an 8-storey, traditionally constructed structure, consisting of 139 residential units. You will be the lead Surveyor reporting to a visiting Commercial Manager.
With over 100 years of experience, our client provides new build and planned maintenance services to clients throughout the country through its North and South divisions. With a passion to deliver a sustainable legacy, they work with their registered provider partners, local authorities and private developers to deliver not just high-quality homes but wider benefits including training, local employment and community initiatives.
To fully manage the financial and contractual administration of the project(s) carried out by the Company, ensuring that comprehensive quantity surveying duties are performed to the highest standard and ensuring full contractual and monetary entitlement in the most advantageous terms to the Company.
- 7 - 10 Years’ experience
- BSc in Quantity Surveying or similar commercial related course
- Professional qualification MRICS or MCIOB desirable
- Good data interrogation skills
- Line Management experience
- Commercial Awareness with good legal/contractual knowledge and experience
- Experience of Management accounts
- Proficient in Microsoft office particularly Excel, Access and keen to extend knowledge on software packages
- Commercial contracting experience within a main building contractor environment
- Re-measurement skills
- Previous experience in construction or similar sector
- Valid driving licence
- CSCS card at appropriate level
- Contract Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Cost Management
- Final Accounts