If you're a senior level client facing Quantity Surveyor with a minimum of 6 years' infrastructure experience, worked on post-contract delivery projects in Highways, Rail or Aviation, worked using NEC contracts, looking to manage and take ownership of a program with responsibilities from inception right through to handover, and ambitious to achieve your career potential; then this is the role for you.
The team is involved in some of the UK's most complex and stimulating projects that are diverse and technically demanding. They have an enviable reputation in the delivery of such schemes and are working closely with their blue-chip clients in Highways/Development Led Infrastructure (residential and mixed-use).
Competitive Salary & Benefits
- Car/car allowance
- PMI and Income Protection
- Annual holiday allowance, plus the option to buy and sell
- One of the best contributory pensions in the industry, Matched pension, up to 8%
- QS qualified: APM Qualified - intermediate and above
- Demonstrable track record in managing complex, high value and varied contracts from a quantity surveying perspective
- Enabling works
- Roads and Sewers
- Retaining Structures and Earthworks
- ICC / NEC Contracts (Pre & Post): Expertise in administering high value, multi-disciplinary construction project work packages / contract utilising forms of contract such as the NEC3 suite
- Responsible for liaising with all external and internal stakeholders to enable the projects to progress without delay, ensuring that all reasonable requests are met in a timely efficient manner.
- To assist in the preparation and verification of pricing models from first principals for projects of moderate complexity, and can obtain, extract and use existing target price / fixed rates, together with obtaining cost data from industry recognised publications e.g. SPONS & BCIS to price schemes.
- Able to assist in the preparation of activity schedules, bills of quantities in accordance with methods of measurement, presentation of tender and contract documentation, attending interviews, carrying out full tender analysis and comparisons through to preparing the recommendation report.
- Interfaces with the programme manager, senior project managers, project managers and P6 planners to deliver professional and competent advice and support, to ensure that the projects are managed in accordance with the contract and meeting the required reporting deadlines.
- Manages a programme of current workload in order that all commissions receive the relevant allocation of resource to efficiently commercially manage them.
- Assess contractor applications, along with any changes, making recommendations, raising payment certificates and preparing general correspondence on behalf of the project managers to ensure that only legitimate payments are certified.
Please call Aishah Abdulla at Randstad CPE to discuss further on /
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.