Our client is an iconic residential house builder seeking an Senior Quantity Surveyor to be office based, focused on a flagship site in Northwood.
The candidate will be responsible for the commercial function on each scheme through the land acquisition and planning process through to the delivery and completion of scheme.
- Monitoring changes so as to continuously identify the status of costs
- Liaison with the technical team and consultants so as to provide continuous value engineering of design concepts and proposals
- To establish subcontract sources early in the programme so that they can contribute to the design in terms of value engineering.
- Liaise with the Material Buyers to enable them to prepare detailed schedules of directly purchased materials in liaison with the development team.
- Develop robust and inclusive definitions of the scope of the works
- Maintain cost reporting systems in line with Company procedures.
- To ensure the health and safety status of contractors is up to date
To be successful in this role, you will need to be;
- Motivated with a positive 'can do’ attitude
- Good organisational skills
- Professional approach and high level of discretion.
- Team player, willing to learn and get involved with a wide range of tasks, including support role to other members of the team
- Ability to work on own initiative and generate solutions.
- Highly IT literate, including advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
This is an ideal long term opportunity for someone commercially minded, providing a career path with growth and progression.