The Senior Quantity Surveyor role covers a range of activities which may include cost planning, value management, feasibility studies, cost-benefit analysis, lifecycle costing, tendering, valuation, dispute resolution, and cost estimating.
This role is based in Manchester
About Capita | Property & Infrastructure
Capita Real Estate & Infrastructure is one of the UK's largest multifaceted consultancies, delivering property and infrastructure projects on a local, national and international scale. We have over 4,000 employees at 50 offices in the UK and internationally, offering a vast range of professional and technical expertise across an unrivalled number of services. The breadth and depth of our experience ensures that we are able to add value to any project, regardless of its size, complexity or sector.
We do much more than simply delivering projects; we design, manage and partner. We focus on building strategic relationships with our clients - delivering a comprehensive service across their portfolio and optimising the benefits of continuous improvement in design quality, efficiency, cost reduction and knowledge retention. We support them at all stages of a project or programme, and our understanding of the key risks and challenges means that we direct effort where it is most needed.
We are a wholly-owned division of Capita Plc and the UK's leading provider of integrated professional support service solutions.
What you will do
Responsibilities vary depending on the nature and stage of the project being worked on, but can include:
- Preparing tender and contract documents, including bills of quantities with the architect and/or the client.
- Undertaking cost analysis for repair and maintenance project work.
- Assisting in establishing a client's requirements and undertaking feasibility studies.
- Performing risk, value management and cost control.
- Advising on procurement strategy.
- Identifying, analysing and developing responses to commercial risks.
- Preparing and analysing costings for tenders.
- Allocating work to subcontractors.
- Providing advice on contractual claims.
- Analysing outcomes and writing detailed progress reports.
- Valuing completed work and arranging payments.
- Maintaining awareness of the different building contracts in current use.
- Understanding the implications of health and safety regulations.
Candidates will be:
- Degree educated or equivalent in Quantity Surveying/Commercial Management.
- Experienced as a Senior QS / MQS or at Commercial management level within an engineering/project management environment.
- MRICS Qualified /near chartered
- Experience of working on Residential & commercial projects
- Strong communication skills.
- A proven track record of managing projects at various levels with accountability for the commercial delivery.
- Able to confidently manage subcontractor accounts.
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you a generous holiday entitlement (which increases with service), discretionary annual bonus, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; childcare vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant Quantity Surveyor
- Assistant QS
- Intermediate Quantity Surveyor
- Intermediate QS
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job