In this senior position you would be expected to manage costs relating to all aspects of site development, minimising the costs of a project and enhancing value for money.
A key aspect of this would be the preparation of tenders, procuring subcontractors, and placing orders.
Our award winning client is an industry leading house builder that has ambitious plans to develop 12,000 new homes up to 2020.
With this role you will be responsible for the control and management of all aspects of the development costs ,from original budget to development completions.
- To carry out monthly site valuations utilising the Company valuation system; undertake review of costs incurred for the whole development challenging where necessary overspend or projected cost overruns of sub-contract works, materials, technical fees and design, site overheads and sales and marketing.
- To Prepare of tenders, procuring subcontractors, and placing orders utilising the Company's valuation and ordering system.
- Manage costs relating to site development, minimising the costs of a project and enhancing value for money.To manage and lead the Assistant Quantity Surveyor in line with Management Standards, ensuring training requirements are undertaken, offering support, advice, guidance and mentoring as required.
- To Provide advice on Contractual Claims.
- To attend site to undertake site progress reviews and meet with Contractors where necessary.
- Strong understanding of the implications of Health and Safety regulations.
You will have a HNC or Degree in a relevant Construction subject and a minimum of 5 year's experience on new build developments or construction related experience. You will also need to demonstrate strong management skills, be analytical, have excellent communication, presentation and negotiation skills. All this and be able to work autonomously and to deadlines
Competitive remuneration and excellent career prospects