Provide full financial administration of the procurement process and associated payments of subcontractors or other similar bodies operating on Company developments, ensuring the Company achieves value for money and provide regular analysis and updates on the financial performance of each site. Line Management responsibility for the Surveying team.
- Be fully conversant with and comply with the procedures as set out for the Building Department. Regularly review all procedures to ensure they are current and appropriate.
- Prepare tender and contract documents during the procurement process.
- Ensure a Subcontractor Register is maintained for each site within their team, co-ordinate enquiry selections in conjunction with the Building Manager and Project/Site Manager, and ensure quotations received are fully analysed such that a detailed comparison of the quotations can be prepared. In compiling such comparisons, resolve all queries with the subcontractors to enable an accurate recommendation to be made to the Building Manager.
- Chair pre-order meetings, record minutes and follows up any action points. Ensure Pre-Order Questionnaire is received back fully complete before holding pre-order meeting; discuss all concerns with the Building Manager.
- Ensure formal orders are placed with the successful subcontractor no later than commencement of their works, and that all unsuccessful subcontractors are notified either verbally or in writing.
- As part of the order process ensure that the following have been complied with by the subcontractor:
- Completion of subcontractor payment details form and CIS details:
- Completion of VAT self-billing agreement.
- Advise subcontractor that payments will be withheld until they are received, be aware of any payments being withheld by their team and discuss accordingly with the Building Manager.
- In conjunction with the Building Manager, agree and input the final agreed version of allowances into the computer system before site commencement.
- Produce or oversee the building estimate for each site within 12 weeks of site commencement for the approval of the Building Manager. Ensure all costs known at the time of preparing the estimate are included either as actual amounts or provisions, including current sales values, advise whenever estimated costs are used. Present final draft to Building Director with analysis to previous estimates.
- Analyse, amend as necessary and input data in the costing system to compile a monthly build cost review. Understand and fully explain all automatically generated variances and update provisions to accommodate variations/changes such that an accurate final cost forecast is prepared. Compile written report every month, together with cost to complete, be aware of any significant movements within any of their team's assigned sites.
- Assess the validity of applications for payment from subcontractors including all re-measurable works and authorise interim valuations to enable payments to be made.
- Arrange meetings with subcontractors (as appropriate) to seek continuous improvements in quality and cost. At all times develop positive relationships.
- Seek continual improvements in both the surveying function and the Company operations generally to enhance the profitability of the business. Regularly review systems and make recommendations to enhance maximum efficiency. Suggest design and specification enhancements where margins may be improved.
- Ensure all notices, claims, etc. relating to either subcontractors or other clients are correctly issued and written notifications are formally sent to subcontractors where payments are being withheld or counter-charges are being raised.
- Co-ordinate and action the necessary documentation sent to subcontractors when variations are issued.
- Act as the liaison between all parties to ensure all are fully informed of financial matters relating to the site, keeping the Building Manager fully briefed.
- Act as the Company's commercial interface with Housing Association clients in accordance with the method of procurement being adopted; represent the Company at site meetings. Ensure application payments are submitted strictly in accordance with the contract
- Review and take appropriate action in conjunction with the Building Manager all retention held on an annual basis.
- Monitor all yardstick comparisons globally on a monthly basis.
- Keep up to date with CPD.
- Ambassador for the Building Department, ensure good interpersonal relationships both internally and externally.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
- Senior Quantity Surveyor