A fantastic new opportunity has arisen for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join a highly reputable highways company on a 3 month contract in Chelmsford. If you're seeking a long-term career development opportunity working with an esteemed organisation with the opportunity to work on high-profile projects, why not apply today?
As the successful Senior Quantity Surveyor, you will have a number of roles and responsibilities to help ensure the success of Major projects and the acquirement of further contracts and clients. Those responsibilities will include:
- Commercial responsibility for Revenue and Street Lighting Task Orders
- Ensuring robust commercial processes are in place.
- Preparation of monthly applications to Client
- Managing the supply chain ensuring timely assessments and payments
- Liaising with the Client
- Final Accounting with supply chain and through to the client in line with the KPI requirements
In order to ensure given tasks are carried out effectively and to high standards it is essential for candidates to have the following skills and experience:
- Understanding of cost management systems and ability to learn the Causeway Project Accounting system
- A solid understanding of Term Maintenance Contracts and their application under the terms and conditions
- Previous experience of actual cost contracts would be beneficial
- An understanding of the principles of measurement within the Highways Maintenance environment
- Experience with Target Cost / Actual Cost Contract
- Previous experience with the delivery of Contract Efficiencies
- The role is broad and includes anything from risk management to procurement, financial reporting and managing both the supply chain and direct works
- Among the qualities the ideal candidate must possess are strong commercial awareness, strong client liaison skills, project management and team leadership. They also need an extensive understanding of the construction industry, flexibility and a talent for negotiation
To apply for this position, candidates must be able to live and work in the UK without Visa restrictions.
For further information, please call Emily Parvin on or email emaily.parvin @ BlueprintRecruit.com and quote 13585. Alternately, you can apply directly by clicking the 'Apply' link and following the instructions.
- Street Lighting
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job