My Client are one of the UK's leading Sustainable Building Materials and Construction Solutions Businesses. Their innovative products and solutions not only deliver the infrastructure needed to grow the UK economy today but also help to create a more sustainable built environment for the country's long-term future. They offer exciting, challenging careers that provide excellent development opportunities and an attractive remuneration and benefits package for the right calibre of person. They are looking to expand on their growing and diverse team by recruiting a Senior Quantity Surveyor based in Sheffield.
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
* Company car/car allowance
* Company pension contribution
* Fantastic Bonus Scheme (One of the best)
* Private medical cover
* Training and development team support
- Overseeing the measurement and preparation of valuations
- To support the preparation of monthly valuations and financial accounts in preparation for invoicing customers
- Record, monitor and review the financial performance of contracts
- Secure payments from customers within the specified contract terms and manage payment of sub contractors
- Pricing and agreement of highway maintenance schemes Target Costs.
- Administration of highway maintenance schemes in conjunction with operational teams including Early Warning notification and the pricing and agreement of Compensation Events.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience needed:
- Educated to at least HND level although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted.
- Prior experience of working on highway maintenance, highway construction or general civil engineering is preferred.
- Experience of using the NEC3 or NEC2 forms of contract would be advantageous.
Applicants will also need the following skills to be successful in the role:
- a passion for safety
- drive and ambition to succeed
- good interpersonal skills
- good problem solving skills
- good oral and written communication skills
- numeracy and analytical ability
- process driven
- good negotiation skills
- commercial awareness
- creativity and imagination
- organisational ability
- Customer focus and the ability to build relationships.
- Good IT skills specifically on spreadsheets, databases and the ability to adapt to bespoke software packages.
If you think that this role is well suited to you and you meet all of my clients requirements please don't hesitate to apply and use the button below.
Office - Mob -
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job