Be develops luxury homes for sale as well as operating homes for the private rented sector. Not all property developers are the same as at be we see our developments as the foundations of whole new communities. After all it's people that make the place and that is also true of working at be. For more information please visit www.be.co.uk
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Project Surveyor to join our team based in Barking. Reporting to the Project Director, the successful candidate will manage the commercials and ensure that budgeted targets are achieved on time.
Key responsibilities include:
- Proactively contribute to the project team.
- Build working relationships with supply chain, consultants and clients where appropriate.
- Ensure the project team achieve or exceed budgeted targets.
- Identify potential disputes in a timely manner to Line Manager.
- Place supply chain orders in accordance with the procurement schedule.
- Ensure subcontract orders accurately reflect the main contract requirements and scope of works.
- Accurately value, certify and issue any relevant payment notices for the subcontract works in accordance with the conditions of their subcontract.
- Ensure that external valuations are submitted in accordance with conditions of the main contract and that payments are received by the due date, taking full responsibility for the project's cash position.
- Complete CVC reports, ensuring they accurately reflect the current position on site and the final profit projection.
- Achieve timely and equitable resolution of client and supply chain final accounts.
- Provide early warning of future financial problems and ensure accurate real time reporting.
- Manage and minimise non recoverable costs on projects.
- Develop and manage junior surveying staff.
- Price and effectively agree all project variations.
- Creatively consider value engineering and improved build ability solutions.
Essential and Desirable Criteria
- Successful procurement experience.
- A strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Experience in Re-measurement of high risk packages and key trades.
- A working knowledge of relevant contract conditions.
- Experience of leading or assisting Financial/cost control on a relevant project.
- Appropriate CSCS card.
- Valid driving licence.
- Construction related degree
- Working towards MCIOB or RICS
* Good communication skills at all levels
* Prioritise and plan to deliver agreed objectives
* Set demanding but achievable objectives for yourself
* Monitor the quality of your work and take appropriate corrective action where necessary
Be embraces diversity in the workplace.
Our founding and now sister company, Willmott Dixon, have built a reputation over the last 160 years as a sustainable contractor which delivers quality buildings across a wide variety of different uses from schools, public buildings, offices and houses. Ensuring that the homes and communities we create are truly sustainable is an important part of our business and something we believe is the right thing to do.
Supported by a team of over 80+ multi-disciplined staff, we have the ambition, skills and experience to deliver on our mission to create great places to be. Perhaps more importantly, we also have an unwavering commitment to changing the face of property development.
We offer a competitive salary in addition to a comprehensive benefits package* including a company pension scheme, company car or car allowance, life assurance, discounted private medical cover, incentive/bonus schemes, employee trade discounts, and many more. We offer you a bright future, one where you will have the opportunity to develop your career with a fast moving, forward thinking company, who recognize and reward your achievements.
* Benefits may vary dependent upon the role and type of employment contract.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job