Our client, a specialist Sub-Contractor delivering electrical services to the rail industry, are currently looking for a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their Commercial team in Derby.
The successful candidate will manage, control and coordinate the commercial and contractual activities of these projects. You will be mainly overseeing Mechanical & Electrical packages.
Working as a valued member of our commercial team, your Job Responsibilities will include:
- Contract review prior to execution;
- Ensuring that the commercial aspects and impacts of a contract are clear to all parties;
- Liaise with procurement staff to ensure that project specific items are procured within budget constraints;
- Preparing and issuing, Sub-Contract, Sub-Sub-Contract, Sub-Consultancy and Labour Only Agreements.
- Providing guidance to Quantity Surveyors;
- Managing monthly interim applications and ensuring payment notices / certificates and payments are received on time;
- Monitoring budgets and compiling & issuing accurate cost and value reconciliations;
- Overseeing commercial KPIs;
- Reporting to the Commercial Manager;
- Resolving contractual and commercial issues where they arise.
- Relevant Professional qualification, 2:1 honours degree or better;
- A driven, self-motivated attitude, with the ability to work on your own initiative;
- A team player with the ability to interact with a wide variety of people at all levels;
- Ability to analyse drawings and designs;
- Ability to interpret and monitor programmes against contractual period for completion dates;
- An understanding of contractual arrangements;
- Competent using ICC/Network Rail and NEC contracts;
- Full UK driving licence.
- Ideally experience within a rail, construction or engineering environment;
If interested in this role, please email your CV for immediate consideration or call for more detail