About the role?
To effectively manage site development and the attainment of targets by: conducting commercial cost appraisals and viability/feasibility analysis; managing sub-contractors, materials and goods; preparing and monitoring site costs and budgets; and ensuring site set-up health and safety.
- Qualified to HND level or higher.
- Highly numerate with excellent attention to detail, able to gather, interpret and present data to facilitate preparation of budgets and subsequent valuations.
- Methodical, conscientious and organised, works to deliver high standards.
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of computer systems within the commercial environment, i.e. project management/payment and valuation software.
- Articulate, clear and credible, and able to thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to contribute towards the resolution of disputes, problems and cost issues.
- Able to work on own initiative, with the drive to take ownership of projects.
- Strong communication skills, the ability to build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Carrying out accurate build cost assessments of acquired land; maintain budget control throughout development; and manage cost overruns within tolerance levels.
- Accurate costing and preparation of budgets for each aspect of site development.
- Analysing and reporting on costs and cash flow vs budget
- Undertaking accurate viability/feasibility studies to support decision-making in site acquisition and development.
- Preparing tenders and procure sub-contractors, goods and materials
- Evaluating and agreeing variations and instructions.
- Liaising with site personnel and subcontractors in order to maximise productivity.
- Using a payments system for the payment of sub-contractors and the supply of goods and materials in line with Group policy and procedures.
- Promoting and acting in accordance with Group values, systems, policies and procedures.
What about the benefits package?
- Competitive base salary
- Company Bonus Scheme
- 25 days holiday
- Company Car/Car Allowance
- Money Purchase Pension Scheme
- Choice of Flexible Benefits
- Project Management
- Quantity Surveying
- Residential Homes