Randstad CPE is currently recruiting for a Quality Manager to work for a Tier 1 contractor on a Rail project in South East London
The Quality Manager will be accountable for supporting the production and checking of all quality management systems relating to delivery aspects of the project and the provision of independent audit and inspection regimes.
Key responsibilities include:
- Produce quality systems that enable the project to be delivered in the most effective way and in line with the aspirations and objectives of both the contractor and client and in regard to the construction quality, cost, programme, risks, safety and sustainability
- Maintain the quality management system (the Contract Quality Plan and related plans, controls, procedures, tools and guidance) in conformance to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 10005:2005
- Produce procedures for ensuring that the governance requirements with respect to self-certification are in place and are fully understood and implemented by the engineering and installation teams
- Provide support to the installation and engineering teams and the necessary guidance, briefing and training required by individuals to carry out their work in relation to quality
- Produce and communicate reports and analysis on quality performance and KPIs to the whole project team, and support the team in meeting targets and continuous improvement (i.e. NCRs, ITPs, Handover)
- Manage the programme of quality audits and surveillances on the project, covering the contractor team, supply chain and designers including compliance with legal and contractual requirements
- Provide support and assistance to other teams as necessary to ensure the effective implementation of the quality management system
- Review subcontractor and supplier project-specific Quality Plans
- Provide quality training for all personnel to include induction and training for staff with specific quality responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with legal and contractual requirements
- Support the installation teams in dealing rapidly and effectively with quality non-conformities and complaints
- Analyse individual quality non-conformities and complaints to identify trends, root causes and the corrective and preventive actions needed
- Review of ITPs for submission
- Appropriate experience of implementing quality management systems and procedures and the delivery functions of the contractor/supplier under self certification contracts;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of developing, implementing and improving quality management systems
- DEGREE QUALIFIED IN CIVIL ENGINEERING
Interest in achieving:
- Member of Chartered Quality Institute (or equivalent)
- IRCA registered lead auditor ISO 9001:2008
- Experienced lean improvement practitioner
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job