Senior Quality Engineer - Preston
£30,000 - £35,000
Our client is part of a prestigious global engineering group and are considered as the market leader in the design, development and manufacture of precision machined components for the automotive industry working with many of the worlds luxury car manufacturers. They are very established, globally renowned engineering business with a significant customer base and have grown year on year for the last 20 years, with some significant orders ahead for 2021.
Is This Company For You?
The people really make this business, and the culture is very unique, and although they are a global business employing almost 200 staff with a turnover of £25 million+, it is the type of business where you walk through the doors and everyone smiles at you and wants to help. Many of the employees also have similar hobbies within engineering such as building and rebuilding cars and motorcycles so it's a nice environment to be in.
Job Purpose: Resolution to internal and external Quality related activities.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- APQP support for customer projects.
- Maintain and introduce APQP and PPAP documentation in line with guidelines.
- Lead customer complaint investigation and corrective action implementation.
- Internal rejection investigation and reduction.
- Supplier quality management including audits, PPAP and rejection investigation and corrective action.
- Support for Quality activities within the QMS, i.e MSA, SPC, calibration system and Manufacturing Audits.
- Ensure all activities carried out are ethical, meet H&S regulations and comply with company procedures.
- Ensure your area of responsibility complies with the Environmental Management System.
- Any other reasonable requirements of Quality Manager.
- Basic knowledge of IATF16959 requirements.
- Understanding of PPAP.
- Understanding of APQP.
- Understanding of project management.
- Understanding of Technical drawings, including draughting standards and geometric tolerance.
- Understanding of AIAG Quality manuals including PFMEA, Control Plan, Measurement system analysis and Statistical process control.
- Microsoft Office including Outlook, Word, Excel, Project and Powerpoint.
The company is part of a global organisation and offer excellent benefits - if you are interested in this opportunity please apply or call James Taylor at JMT Engineering Recruitment Ltd on .
Other job titles: Quality Manager, Quality Engineer, Supplier Quality Engineer, Quality Assurance Engineer, Quality Systems Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer, Production Engineer, Quality Engineer, SQE, QAE.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'