We are recruiting an exciting Senior Quality Engineer position to work for a rapidly expanding Manufacturer based in Dudley. After a strong 2017 and investment incoming for 2018, my client is looking for a Senior Quality Engineer who has a background in metrology, strong customer interface experience and have been actively involved in 8D & PPAP submissions. In return candidates can expect full autonomy in the role.
Our client is a rapidly expanding Manufacturer based in Dudley. After a strong 2017 they have worked closely with a number of leading OEM Automotive companies. After important investment which has resulted in increased headcount across all departments and significant growth forecasted for 2018, my client is now looking for a Senior Quality Engineer to bolster their Quality department.
Reporting into the Quality Manager, this role will;
* Maintain and establish effective forms of corrective action systems, effectively utilising tools such as 8D
- Interface with the customer to co-ordinate concerns and problem resolution including customer portal monitoring and, analysis and reporting
- Support new product engineering throughout the APQP process
- Support manufacturing , co-ordinate internal product/process improvements, problem solving and internal PPM improvements
- Support purchasing when required to improve supplier performance
- Maintain and improve quality and environmental system and procedures in line with ISO/TS16949, ISO14001 and business requirements.
- Strong previous experience in Foundry/Automotive or Heavy industrial Manufacturing
- Exceptional problem solving ability utilising tools such as 8D
- Good knowledge of metrology: CMM
- Confident, tenacious approach to Quality
£35,000 - £37,000 + benefits