Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires a Senior Quality Engineer to Support production management and Quality Engineers to achieve the level of quality that is required to meet customer expectations. Provide a timely response to resolving quality issues identified during build. Conduct process audits ensuring conformance to company processes. Provide a framework that promotes Continual Improvement, RFT and the 'No Fault Forward’ approach.
RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Processes compliant with the Quality Management System (QMS).
- Analyse data to identify areas of Risk and Opportunities and promote RFT and 'No Fault Forward’.
- Verify that the correct information is available at source of use
- Liaising with Senior Management to implement a program that will drive towards a continual improvement in quality performance
- Provide verification of accurate data for Quality Issues identified. Initiate actions to aid quick resolution and assistance in identifying root causes
- Ensure that non-conformances and repeat issues are communicated
- Assist the Quality Manager with continual improvement activities to enhance the Quality Management System
- Analyse reported faults and failures that do not conform to PYL Work instructions
- Interfacing with other departmental managers at all levels of the business. Providing information and support to Supply factories, Fit-Out and OSC
- Act as an Ambassador for the company, operating with integrity and drive appropriate to the Company’s values, to promote company as a market leader.
- Promote training to build quality awareness across the business.
This list is not intended to be exhaustive and you may be required to undertake other duties appropriate to your role.
- A sound knowledge of manufacturing/operational processes/product
- Experience of assembly practices
- Relevant / suitable qualifications both administrative and technical (Excel, Word etc)
- Able to read and interpret technical drawings
- Conscientious, reliable and dedicated
- Able to work under own initiative
- Engages with others and has a collaborative approach to working with others
- Proactively contributes within a team
- Assertive, resilient and welcomes change
- City and Guilds 743 Quality Assurance or equivalent
- Qualified Internal Auditor an advantage
- Knowledge of Lean Techniques - Problem Solving etc
- Six -Sigma qualified an advantage
- Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 9001 Quality Management Systems an advantage
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job