Senior Quality Engineer
£28,000 - £35,000
What to expect:
A fantastic career opportunity for a highly motivated, experienced individual with a desire to make a difference. Continually pushing the barriers of innovation and operating within a pressured environment, this new role will support the business objectives in driving forward continuous improvement across the entire organisation, whilst making a significant contribution to assuring customer satisfaction.
This is a high profile interactive role, rather than a desk based administrative quality support function. The role will be highly self-driven with deliverable objectives being set and monitored by the Directors.
You will be involved in all aspects of the business at all levels. Your ability to collaborate effectively at all levels and champion best practice is essential. The company provides a friendly, collaborative modern working environment with an attractive benefits package for the right individual.
What is expected from the successful Senior Quality Engineer:
Enthusiasm, drive and commitment.
The individual must be an experienced quality professional and qualified auditor, ideally within a manufacturing environment. A proven track record of implementing/maintaining ISO9001 & ISO14001 standards is essential. Knowledge of BRC Food Hygiene, FSC/PEFC and ISO18001 certification requirements would be an advantage.
Critical to the role is a personable, persuasive disposition, capable of working with minimal supervision and the ability to develop excellent relationships at all levels within the company. A proactive, assertive approach is necessary to ensure full engagement within the production environment.
The individual is expected to be an innovative thinker able to analyse problems, identify root causes and ensure preventive, commercially viable solutions are implemented. A key initial deliverable would be to drive a culture change throughout the organisation focusing upon attention to detail, reducing errors and driving tangible financial improvements.
Senior Quality Engineer Key Accountabilities:
- Manage customer complaints and ensure corrective measures are implemented to eliminate recurrence
- Manage and maintain the Company’s third party certifications
- Champion best practice and quality/process improvement initiatives
- Ensure business processes remain current and are communicated
- Identify and implement process improvements
- Support Production Management to define and ensure housekeeping standards are maintained
- Maintain the internal audit programme
- Provision of performance and quality metrics
Senior Quality Engineer Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the Senior Management team
- Management system documentation maintenance
- Internal audits
- Involvement as required during customer visits/audits
- Involvement as required during third party certification audits
- Facilitate agreement on and verify implementation of corrective/preventive actions
- Undertake special projects as required
- Conduct Management Review Meetings
- Maintain awareness of applicable industry standards
- Ensure continued compliance with industry standards and applicable environmental legislation
- Partner with management and production teams to provide guidance
- Ensure a high level of quality/environmental/hygiene awareness is maintained at all times
- Provide and communicate routine performance measures
- Support inspection activities where necessary
- Liaise with suppliers in relation to assessment or unsatisfactory performance issues
- Responding to customer requests for information
Senior Quality Engineer Academic Requirements:
- Vocational qualification, diploma or degree in Quality related subjects
- Internal Auditor by accredited organisation
- IT literate & competent with Microsoft Office products
Senior Quality Engineer Experience / Skills:
- Demonstrable experience in a senior quality role
- Wide general business breadth of knowledge
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Confident communicator/presenter
- Excellent written communication skills
- Detailed knowledge of quality management systems and their application
- Detail-oriented, well organised and able to work with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of manufacturing practices (ideally 5S, Six Sigma, Lean, etc.)
- Ability to learn quickly and apply knowledge effectively
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative environment
- Able to deliver on time
- Commercial acumen
Jackie Kerr Recruitment is an independent agency that has been established for 19 years.
We strive to provide the ultimate consultancy service to all our candidates. Whether you are looking for permanent or temporary work we pride ourselves in understanding our candidate’s requirement’s to ensure that we place you in your ideal role.
We have recently heavily invested in new Recruitment Software that provides an online portal. Simply visit jackiekerrrecruitment . com to enter your details and you will receive job alerts, hot off the press.
The portal enables you to update your information and CV at any time, so we always have your latest employment details on record.
So please visit our website and let us help you to find your dream job!
Please note: At Jackie Kerr Recruitment we receive a huge number of applications for each job that is posted. If you do not hear from us within 2 weeks of your original application, please go to our website jackiekerrrecruitment . com to apply for other jobs that may be suitable to you.
- Internal Audit
- Quality Assurance
- Quality Management