Our client a world leader in their industry have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Quality Engineer, based in Consett (including travel to other sites). The Company describe themselves as fast paced and performance driven, whereby the work is challenging yet diverse. If you are looking for that next new challenge and the opportunity to progress further in your career, please apply now.
Previous electrical industry experience in Power or Light Distribution would be advantageous.
39 hours per week, 1:00pm finish on Fridays.
Overall Job Purpose:
To manage, lead and coordinate activities relating to both the Quality Management system and the Quality Control of manufactured Product.
- Manage and oversee all work relating to the UK Quality team.
- Manage and maintain the Company's quality inspection and product release programs for incoming and in-process materials and components, processes and finished goods.
- Ensuring at all times compliance with national and international standards and legislation.
- Responsible for the completion of internal ISO9001 Audits across all sites.
- Produce and communicate quality procedures to Shop Floor employees.
- Provide training to Shop Floor employees when a change of quality takes effect/including new products.
- Setting KPI compliance objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved (departmental and overall Company).
- Monitoring performance by gathering relevant data and producing statistical reports, for the reporting in the Monthly Manufacturing meeting.
- Participate in the Monthly Manufacturing Meeting and Bi Monthly Operation meetings.
- Promoting quality achievement and performance improvement throughout the organization.
- Effectively interact with Production and Development teams to maintain product supply and help introduce new products.
- Setting up and maintaining controls and documentation procedures.
- Co-ordination of Quality Control to include audits, reporting of corresponding documents.
- Calibration: Mechanical, Electrical and Sub-contracted.
- Analysis & reporting of scrap and rejection.
- Quality control to include parts approved, goods in inspection, quality report generation & management.
- Investigation of customer complaints.
- Organization and management of external audit bodies. BVQI, Intertek etc.
Job Competencies/Key Skills:
- A HNC in Quality systems is essential.
- Previous experience in a technical domain, within an industrial sector is essential.
- Electrical qualification would be an advantage (Level 4 (Diploma, HND, HNC) or even level 3 (A level).
- Knowledge of electrical distribution products is mandatory.
- A thorough understanding of Quality Control systems.
- An understanding of processes involved in manufacture of Power products or sheet metal fabrication.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Previous Management experience is essential.
- A practical hands-on approach to problem solving is required.
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to deal with all levels of staff, including external clients.
- The ability to work well in a demanding environment.
- Able to work within multifunctional teams, but also able to work effectively alone.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel and Word packages is required.
- Attention to detail is required at all times.
- To ensure discretion at all times.
- Excellent analytical skills are required to give balanced well considered decisions/advice/solutions.
- The role will require regular travel to visit other sites in the UK and occasionally abroad.
- Driving licence essential.
Company Offering package:
- Competitive salary, bonus and company car.
- Opportunity to work for an established leading organisation with an excellent opportunity to progress your career.
- Quality Engineer
- Quality Technician
- Senor Quality Engineer
- National Quality Engineer