Senior Plant Quality Engineer
Our chosen business partner is experiencing a steady period of growth. They are leading manufacturer of commercial energy products and are experiencing continued growth due to acquisitions. Although this company has outgrown its SME status it has always maintained its personalised family feel environment and values all team members.
To ensure their products and processes meet the company's quality, technical and health & safety standards through collection and analysis of data. To take part in, and actively promote, continuous improvement activities for line side quality.
* Maintain key Performance Indicators for the Quality function for daily, weekly, and monthly reporting, ensuring all productivity and quality performance issues are managed and documented with appropriate corrective actions implemented.
* Present quality reports including data and Key Performance Indicators to operational teams at Weekly performance review and monthly plant reviews in the absence of the UK Plant Quality Manager.
* Support the understanding and compliance with the requirements of ISO9001 in operational areas.
* Review and support the development of the internal documentation in support of ISO9001 management system requirement for JEF's, Procedures, SOP's, WI and Forms that support operational effectiveness.
* Be the key interface between the customer and the site for raised quality concerns, incidents and developing of effective relationships with our customers.
* Responsibility for internal performance improvements.
* Ensuring the effective management of CAPA activities to closure of customer and internal issues, including initiating investigations, root cause analysis, risk assessments, implementation of change controls, in support of effective Corrective and Preventive Actions.
* To reduce the business COPQ and drive improvements in CI activity's using the core tool box such as Six Sigma and Lean principles
* Supervise 1 Quality technician and 3 Quality Inspectors on site to meet customer and internal requirements and expectations
* Lead, motivate, coach and develop individual team members by effective day to day management of team members (inc. regular one-to-one, professional development, management of sickness absence, disciplinary processes, employee relations management etc.)
* Be a key support to the UK Plant Quality Manager in driving through leading world class practises and act as deputy when requested
* Educated to Degree, HND/HNC, Diploma or 5 years industry experience.
* Detailed Understand of Management Systems such as TS16949 and ISO9001.
* Detailed understanding and knowledge of Quality tools & techniques such as, SPC, FMEA, trials, audits, PPAP, ISIR, 8D problem solving, Ishikawa diagrams, control plans, 5s, SMED. Hoshin, Kanban.
* Ability to manage and lead projects to conclusion.
* Respect targets & objectives and deliver to timelines.
* Excellent written & verbal skills.
* Analytical and diagnostic skills - to support problem solving & continuous improvement activities.
* Accuracy and attention to detail.
* Ability to work under pressure.
* Challenges the status quo and promotes best practice & development.
* Ability to lead and manage projects and teams.
* Ideally, some knowledge of Six Sigma and Lean methodologies.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.