Reed Scientific have an exciting development opportunity for a Quality Control (QC) Technician to work within a rapidly growing QC team. Reporting into the Quality Manager as the Senior Quality Control Technician will be responsible for the time assessment and release of raw materials and printed packaging, as well as deputising for the Quality Manager when appropriate.
Raw Material Quality Control
- Deputising for Quality Manager when appropriate which will include ensuring QC Technicians are able to perform sampling, testing and documentation to target KPIs.
- Log deliveries and results on the raw material master log.
- Arrange for sampling of raw materials.
- Assess compliance of the Supplier Certificates of Analysis (CofA) and Quality Control (QC) attributes against the relevant specification.
- Arrange for testing of raw materials at internal and external test laboratories.
- Assess the compliance of internal and external test results against the relevant specification.
- Determine the suitability for release (including the positive release through eh SAGE ERP system).
Quality Control Packaging
- Log deliveries and results on the packaging master log.
- Assess the compliance of delivered material against the approved artwork.
- Determine the suitability for release (including the positive release through the SAGE ERP system).
- Liaise with the Technical, Quality and Purchasing departments for required re-evaluations.
- Arrange for sampling and testing of raw materials for re-evaluations.
- Assess the suitability for release or rejection.
- Maintain appropriate records.
- Maintain and update raw material test requirements in the raw material reference sheet as agreed with the Technical and Quality Manager.
- Generate supplier non-conformances.
- Liaise with the Technical or Quality Manager regarding decisions on outside specification results.
- Conduct internal, process and factory audits, identifying non-conformances and propose opportunities for improvements.
- Retrieve raw material retain samples as required for queries and/or analysis.
- Liaise with planning, dispensary and warehouse to ensure non-conforming raw materials and packaging is quarantined in a timely manner.
- Transfer non-conforming material into quarantine depot on SAGE ERP system.
- Raise reject notifications as required to address identified non-confirming material.
- Ensure all records are completed accurately and update as needed controlled documentation.
- Propose and implement improvements to working practices and participate in department improvement projects.
- Assist the Quality Manager to collate metric and quality data.
- Provide cover within the quality department for holidays/absence and during periods of high workload.
- Where necessary, coordinate with other members of team to ensure the Goods-In Quality Control processes are completed in line with department Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Qualified with a Degree (or equivalent) in Chemistry or related Life Science subject.
- Relevant Quality Control experience in a GMP/GLP compliant environment.
- Able to demonstrate supervisory and/or people management skills within a laboratory or cleanroom.
- Must be ‘customer focused’ possessing the ability to respond -
- The post holder must have good communication skills both oral and write.
- Competent IT/computer skills including yet not limited to the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrate good organisational skills and ability to prioritise a high volume dynamic workload.
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency in completing tasks band have the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate good judgement in performing duties.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job