JOB TITLE: Senior Quality Control Scientist
AREA/SPECIALITY: Pharmacy Technical Services Quality Control
GRADE: Band 6
DEPARTMENT: Pharmacy Quality Control
Duties and Responsibilities
1. To carry out all testing according to the approved Standard Operating Procedures, Finished Testing Specifications and policies of the Department without supervision To make a judgement of the validity of the results produced by taking into account all relevant factors. To evaluate results and alert his/her manager of any out of specification results.
2. To maintain laboratory stocks of chemicals and reagents. To undertake preparation of reagents and standards using highly sensitive electronic balance, validated pipettes and Class A volumetric glassware. To check these using classical or instrumental methods according to the relevant SOP.
3. To carry out investigations and document but not limited to Out of specifications, Quality exceptions, Change controls as required by your manager
4. To carry out routine monitoring of pharmaceutical production areas within the Trust according to Standard Operating Procedures and schedules.
5. To use environmental monitoring and other QC equipment correctly by following the procedures for use, cleaning and monitoring of such equipment.
6. To undertake calibrations of QC equipment as required.
7. Collate test data and generate reports to be submitted to QC Lab Manager. To notify the QC Lab Manager immediately of any Non-compliances to the testing protocol
8. To ensure that working procedures at all times conform with standards of Good Laboratory Practice, The Health and Safety at Work Act, Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations and other relevant legal and professional directives.
9. To produce accurate legible and easily understood records.
10. To ensure all GMP documentation is stored and maintained safely.
11. To participate in the plans and schedules as provided for the laboratory in a constructive manner and help in the achievement of its objectives.
12. To attend courses and undertake training to develop expertise in appropriate skills, where training needs are identified.
13. To act as a role model for other pharmacy support staff working within the Quality Control and Quality Assurance Service by setting an example in terms of working and acting in a manner which reinforces the concept of GMP, GLP and befits the higher level status of this post.
14. To undertake other duties as required in order to maintain the safe, efficient and effective provision of Quality services or as required to meet the department needs.
This is a full time ongoing temporary position, Monday - Friday.
If your experience matches the duties involved please send your cv to email@example.com
**Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted**
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business