Senior Quality Auditor
Our Client is the biggest private sector employer within the borders, based in Duns, a small market town located 45 miles south of Edinburgh and 15 miles west of Berwick upon Tweed.
Now amongst the biggest smoked salmon facilities in Europe, the company has an opportunity to recruit a Senior QA within their Quality team.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, the successful candidate’s key duties will be to ensure that the company’s food safety standards are being adhered to.
Tasks include, although will not be limited to:
- Coordinating and directing shift QA’s and effectively communicating at all levels within the business.
- Providing first point of contact support for Production on quality issues.
- Understanding and upholding the Company everyday standards.
- Reporting on findings and making any recommendations
- Coordinating and reviewing departmental Work Instructions
- Reviewing and monitoring HACCP and CCP checks and adherence
- Approving and releasing products and batches through the SAP system
- Placing any non-conforming products on hold
- Liaising with production to ensure quality and customer standards are maintained
- Promoting Food safety standards to operations staff, aiding in understanding all specifications and procedures.
- Reviewing paperwork and implementing improvements when required.
- Collecting and delivering all samples required for micro testing or for any other Q.A. checks required.
While full training will be provided to the successful Senior QA the following key requirements should ideally be met:
- Experience of food production processes and an appreciation for food safety and quality management.
- Ability to coordinate, lead and direct staff
- Have strong attention to detail
- Be proficient in English literacy and numeracy
- Be proficient in the use of IT packages
- Have SAP experience (this is desirable although full training will be provided)
- Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
- Ability to react quickly and with flexibility
The Senior QA will work a 3 on 3 off shift rotation between 6am - 6pm and 10am - 10pm while earning a pay rate which is negotiable on experience.
The job title of 'senior’ relates simply to the level of experience and has no relevance to age. You are encouraged to apply for any opportunities that you feel to be suitable, irrespective of age or level of experience.
"Office Assistant jobs in London"