Senior Quality Assurance Officer
I am currently working with a client based in Basildon who are a leading manufacturer and distributor of licensed and generic toys to both leisure and retail customers. You will be working with exciting products from iconic brands including Disney, Universal, Marvel, Star Wars and much more.
Due to company growth they are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Technologist to join their team. The successful candidate will be an experienced QA professional with a toy industry background or similar preferred, and have a good understanding of global toy standards and regulations.
You will work closely with Buying Directors, Design and sales teams (particularly international sales), as well as their China office, and Far East Factories to provide technical guidance and support. Some overseas travel may be required from time to time to ensure the continuing compliance of all products and factories with industry and international standards.
Other key responsibilities:
• Ensure technical files and testing trackers are effectively maintained and disseminated to all stakeholders
• Develop and maintain agreed SOP across the technical and purchasing
• Manage and maintain a robust sealing procedure
• Assist in the approval and sign off of all product labels and artwork
• Maintain a comprehensive log of all product information, certificates and other documentation from branded domestic suppliers
• Collate legal documents for the international market
• Organise and sign off pre-shipment inspections
• Support internal teams by providing advice on the quality, safety and compliance of toys
• Communicate with suppliers and retailers in a timely, appropriate and professional manner
• Keep on top of country compliance issues and product compliance including RAPEX review
• Evaluate customer feedback, complaints and returns levels
• A strong knowledge of Worldwide (EMEA, US, Australia) Toy testing methods and requirements and related legislation
• A proactive problem-solving approach to quality issues
• Ability to work individually and as part of the wider QA team across the different product areas and countries.
• Good understanding of supplier ethical and quality compliance, product legal and safety compliance and quality control methods and techniques
• Ability to adapt in a fast paced and evolving dynamic company
• Excellent communication and MS Excel Skills.
• Salary - £40,000 - £50,000 depending on experience
• 20 days holiday + plus bank + Additional days for Christmas shutdown (after 3 years of service you will also begin to accumulate holiday up to the amount of 23 days)
• Standard company pension
• Free Parking
• Working hours Monday – Friday 09:00am – 17:00pm
If you would like to be considered for this excellent opportunity, please click apply or alternatively email your CV to or call me on
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'