Main Purpose of the Role
We are looking for Senior QA’s to join the rapidly growing team in Worthing.
We are looking for people that are passionate about delivering and continually improving our development and testing processes, ideally also possessing strong consulting skills.
As a Senior QA you will work as part of an agile software development team to drive quality for both functional and non-functional requirements.
The team is relatively new and the Scala codebase growing rapidly so this position suits someone who can hit the ground running, form good working relationships quickly and also add value by introducing best practice design and techniques learned elsewhere.
The role requires a solid engineering background.
- Ensuring the team’s software is designed correctly and continuously tested throughout the development lifecycle
- Driving quality deliverables through automation including tools, process, measurement, environment and data
- Contributing to the elaboration of user stories in order to achieve viable, testable products with clearly defined acceptance criteria
- Identifying opportunities to adopt innovative testing technologies and techniques as part of a focus on continuous improvement.
Skills & Experience
You will be expected to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- Solid experience of working in an Agile environment (Scrum, Kanban etc)
- Good knowledge of Java or JVM languages such as Scala, Groovy etc
- Expertise with test automation tools and frameworks
- UI testing - Selenium or any equivalent front-end browser based testing framework
- API testing - web services / RESTful (using SoapUI, Postman etc)
- Gherkin based BDD framework
- Collaborative skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of non-functional requirements, test analysis, software engineering principles and continuous improvement methods
- Understanding scope and limitations of different test types
- Defect management and Triage process
- Understanding of the benefits and differences between UI/API/Integration and Unit testing
- A good understanding of the following testing approaches:
- Test data creation and management strategies
- Exploratory Testing
- Automated Testing
- Load / Soak / Performance Testing
- Usability Testing
- Security Testing
- Operational Testing (Stability/Backup and Recovery/DR)
- Good working knowledge of the following:
- User story creation and elaboration
- Understanding of how physical architecture affects QA
- Continuous Delivery
- Experience in using the Atlassian product suite is preferable (e.g. JIRA, Confluence)
What we’ll offer you
Professional development. Accelerated career progression. An environment that encourages entrepreneurial spirit. It’s all on offer here. And although collaboration is at the core of the way we work, we also recognise individual needs with a flexible benefits package you can tailor to suit you.
- Test Automation