My client believe that financial products and services should be flexible, intelligent and about the customer. Our product is a fast and flexible cloud-based operating platform that enables financial services providers to create innovative financial products than the existing banking platform vendors out there and as a result, improve the financial lives of millions of people.
We are therefore seeking a Senior Python Developer who is looking for the opportunity to head up a high-performance team of engineers. There is an opportunity to join our tech team to help us expand our integration with third party services, enabling us to deliver even more value for our clients and end customers. You will also have the ability to shape the products we will build using leading edge technologies.Requirements
What we need from you:
- Computer Science or Software Engineering education or equivalent industry experience.
- Excellent knowledge of Python 3+, with at least 5 years of commercial experience.
- Strong understanding of software design patterns, object oriented programming, data structures and computational complexity theory.
- Some exposure to another object oriented programming language (e.g. Java, C++, C#).
- Good experience with relational databases, both from the perspective of writing code to interface with them as well as optimising access patterns against large datasets.
- Recent experience using modern testing tools used for unit testing and functional testing.
- Understanding of the importance of high quality tests which provide extensive coverage of application code
- Strong experience and knowledge of Django, in particular the use of Django Rest Framework.
- Strong desire to create high quality, readable, and easily maintained code, with demonstrable experience of including code quality KPIs in a robust automated delivery process / pipeline.
- Experience using Git, as well as basic knowledge of Unix-based operating systems.
- Experience defining automated software delivery pipelines, e.g. using Jenkins or a similar CI tool.
- Strong communication skills for the purpose of facilitating technical discussions and assisting junior colleagues with their day-to-day responsibilities.
- Experience creating and maintaining AWS infrastructure to support development, in particular through the use of Cloudformation/CDK to automate the creation of cloud-based resources.
- Knowledge of common software scaling challenges and experience identifying bottlenecks in application logic to further enhance application performance.
- Team management experience, or experience of mentoring and guiding junior colleagues throughout their career development.
- Open source contributions or personal projects, which demonstrate a passion for software engineering beyond just being the "day job".
What we give you :
We love solving complex problems, which is why we have harboured a learned organisation environment. We want to help you do the best work of your career. No idea is too small, we encourage everyone to pitch and knowledge share, whether it’s through our brown bag sessions or team builds. We have some of the greatest and diverse minds (from over 22 countries) collaborating alongside us.
We’re based right at the heart of the Silicon Roundabout (2 minute from Old Street tube station) though are currently remote working due to Covid-19.
Our benefits include: Flexi-work, training budget per individual, work from home office set up allowance, discounted gym and bike schemes, private health & life insurance, free breakfast in the office and you get to have your birthday off, on us.
- Computer Science
- Software Engineering
- Unit Testing
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'