A fantastic opportunity is available for a Senior Python Developer to work at an energetic and innovative start-up company.
Novastone is a Fintech start-up at an exciting stage of our development. Based in the heart of London’s tech city, Novastone was born from the idea of changing the way we interact in key business relationships through a new technology. Realising the lack of trust and emotional connection often found within client-advisor relationships, Novastone developed a direct, secure chat and media sharing application to revolutionise business communication and build valuable relationships. Novastone have been described by clients as "WhatsApp on Steroids".
Novastone is regularly asked to participate in Fintech Trade Missions by the UK government (UKTI) including trips to Switzerland, Hong Kong and New York. We have been recognised by the Financial Times as one of the Top 10 Fintech companies to watch.
The team and role:
The team care about the code that we write, the software we give to our customers and their clients. We have a mature Kanban implementation to manage the flow of work through our Software Development Lifecycle. We are keen to adopt new technologies and tools in our pursuit of excellence and speed!
We are looking for a passionate person who is keen to learn and share to help deliver a migration of the Novastone Core Platform to a service-based architecture and we are also looking at AI / ML opportunities.
- Proven commercial experience working with Python 2/3
- Strong experience frameworks such as Flask / Django, SQLAlchemy, Celery
- A "no-compromises" test-driven mindset, e.g. TDD (PyTest)
- Good understanding of the principle of good code and API design
- Be passionate about code quality and standards
- Have a quality led development focus, e.g. version control (Git) and CI (Jenkins or similar)
- Proven track record of building and supporting "secure" web applications
- Know how what to consider when building services e.g. deployment (Ansible) / logging (Graylog)
- Good understanding of SQL and NoSQL databases, e.g. MongoDB / Cassandra / SQL Server
- Experience working within a cloud development environment - AWS or Azure
- Relevant degree qualification desirable
- Good exposure working with RabbitMQ or similar desirable
- Experience working with container technologies (e.g. Docker) desirable
- Experience working with API and Microservice management gateways (e.g. Kong) desirable
- AI / ML exposure e.g. PyTorch desirable
- Examines software to determine need for modified systems
- Designs innovative software solutions to complex problems
- Implements complex business logic in a maintainable matter, evaluates software
- Writes and codes individual programs in accordance with business requirements
- Builds reusable code and libraries for future use
- Measures, deploys and monitors the services
- Corrects programs and maintains database structures
- Supports the platform
- Optimises applications for high performance and scalability
- Configuration of services for our containerised environments (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prepares operational material and provides support for users
£75,000 to £90,000 per annum DOE
The closing date for applications for this position is 7th May 2018
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job