Our client is looking for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Accountancy team in Southampton
Our client, a well known & growing business is looking for a Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their Accountancy team in Southampton
Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk - Southampton
- To provide a professional and timely accounting service in respect to all payments of invoices and expenses through the Purchase Ledger, whilst meeting the requirements of the financial control environment.
- Line manager responsibilities for the purchase ledger assistant.
- Responsible for the processing of all invoices and credit notes in line with company authorisation policies and in a detailed and accurate manner. Ensure invoices are posted to the correct department and nominal code, with accurate commentary.
- Ensuring we pay suppliers to agreed terms/within company policy and maintain appropriate controls over company assets.
- Work to month end processing timetable and ensure all tasks are completed on time.
- Suggest/implement new processes and procedures where appropriate and where improvements are required.
- Bank, petty cash and fuel reconciliations
- Keep the fixed asset register up to date and calculate depreciation in line with company accounting policies.
- Perform monthly/end of year supplier statement reconciliations and resolve any issues in a timely manner
- Calculate or post journals as required
- Constantly seeking ways in which we can save cost eg procurement of suppliers
- Support the Head of Finance throughout the year end audit process.
- Assist the Finance Business Partner as and when required with basic analysis.
- Purchase ledger team to assist with sales ledger during pressure points/holiday cover.
A successful candidate will have experience with the above
Salary £25,000 - £26,000
25 Days Holiday
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'