Senior Purchase Ledger Clerk
Based: Horwich, Bolton
Salary: circa £22k dependent on experience
Our client is a large organisation based in Bolton looking to employ a strong Purchase Ledger Clerk to join their expanding accounts function who is willing to step up into a Team Leader role. They are a fantastic, fast moving organisation who can offer excellent career development and the opportunity to working with experienced Senior Managers/Company Directors.
The role will be a hands on Purchase Ledger role, but we are looking for someone with the experience and initiative to take a lead and mentor junior members of staff.
Role will involve:
- Supervising/mentoring 3/4 staff in the office
- Purchase ledger processes - inputting high volumes of invoices
- Processing invoices, matching GRN's and posting invoices to PO's and manually
- Bank and supplier statement reconciliations - assisting with month end processes
- Assisting in the move to a new automated invoice system
- Getting approval for invoices in various internal departments
- Assisting finance team where required
- Ensuring full balance sheet reconciliations are completed on time
- Reviewing team activity - recommending and implementing initiatives to improve and simplify company processes
- Assisting other Finance Managers within the team when required.
Please note you MUST have previous experience with Purchase Ledger and have the initiative to mentor/supervise staff
You must be a strong multi-tasker who can manage multiple processes and who is easily adaptable to change
In return you will receive excellent experience with the chance to get involved in various ad-hoc finance duties throughout the company alongside fantastic company benefits
Immediate start is available so please send your CV to for immediate consideration