Senior Property Manager - Kent (Margate)
Senior Property Manager - Kent
Location: Margate, Kent
Salary: £40,660 plus £5,400 car allowance, bonus up to 15% and 27 days holiday
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Senior Property Manager to join our business at an exciting time. In this role you will manage a portfolio of properties and coach and develop a team in your local area. You will coordinate resources to effectively manage a portfolio of residential developments and deliver outstanding service to our customers.
As the lead person for the portfolio, you will take ownership for all aspects of service delivery and control to provide an efficient and cost effective management service, ensuring delivery within required standards and target timescales.
- Responsible for the line management of site-based staff, Property Managers, Assistant Property Managers and Trainees adhering to Orbit management standards at all times.
- Accountable for the achievement of key performance indicators across their teams portfolio, working with the Regional Property Manager to ensure targets are met.
- Supporting the Regional Property Manager with stakeholder engagement and projects as required.
- Actively engaging with customers in relation to property matters, associated services, and procurement activities ensuring that customer views are considered and responsible for ensuring that appropriate consultation takes place in respect of accounts and expenditure, including Section 20 works and contracts.
- Responsible for the day to day management of a defined portfolio of properties, carrying out regular site visits and property inspections including individual customer properties and dealing with matters arising in line with service standards. Ensuring inspections with your team’s areas are undertaken as required.
- Accountable for compliance with relevant health and safety legislation across their portfolio, remedying deficiencies as appropriate. Responsible for ensuring that accurate records are maintained at all times.
- Production of specifications for works and services as appropriate, ensuring best value at all times and managing works as required.
- Advising Property Services of repair or service delivery failures/or success and maintaining close relationships to ensure customer service delivery
- Financial control and monitoring of their teams portfolio, including production of service charge budgets, monitoring of expenditure and production of accounts for each estate in conjunction with the relevant team.
- 5 years+ of relevant residential property management experience.
- Associate IRPM (Part1) and expected to be working towards MIRPM or other relevant qualification.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation e.g. Landlord & Tenant Act, RICS Code etc.).
- Strong experience of budget management, financial control and delivering cost efficiency.
- Good working knowledge of building management and repair projects.
- Commercial acumen and negotiation experience.
- Ability to inspect properties and provide accurate specifications.
- Ability to assess quotations for minor works for value for money and make recommendations for appointment of contractors.
- Practical attitude with the ability to make decisions on best approach from a technical perspective.
- Excellent communication skills-written and verbal presentation of information.
- Flexible approach to travel and working hours to accommodate customer meetings and out of hours rota.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced, customer-focussed environment.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching for success.
- Experience of managing a team.
We believe that an organisation's best asset is its people, and as such we want everyone to feel that they can make a difference. We want to unlock the potential in all Orbit employees and maximise their satisfaction in the job. We have a corporate training programme, opportunities for professional development and our staff tell us we are a great organisation to work for. We offer an excellent benefits package, including private medical insurance, discounted dental insurance and gym membership, 27 days holiday entitlement and pension scheme.
As one of the country’s largest housing associations, Orbit owns and manages 40,000 homes and is committed to its purpose of Building Communities. Orbit is an ambitious, dynamic organisation with national reach and influence. We are passionate about making a real difference to our communities, ensuring our customers are proud of where they live.
We are a long-term sustainable business and make profit for a purpose in order to re-invest in our services and to build much needed new homes. We announced our strongest financial performance to date, delivering a 45 per cent increase in profits totalling £55.7m and a turnover of £333.3m in the year 2016-17.
We have c1,300 employees working together to deliver our vision - our people are at the heart of everything we do, and we are working in exciting times! It is crucial that we have the right people in the right roles and this new opportunity signifies the importance of that to us.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job