An experienced Senior Project/Programme Manager is required to lead a new Intelligence Programme in Cardiff
Our exclusive and high-profile client has a business critical interim role for a Senior Project/Programme Manager in Central Cardiff.
Building on the review undertaken by the client, the successful candidate will play a lead role in the strategic redesign of intelligence services across the clients estate. This redesign will impact on the way in which intelligence is designed, delivered and used by agencies and stakeholders across Wales. The post holder will lead and manage the delivery of this strategic and politically complex and diverse project. Leveraging existing work across the whole organisation, and taking a corporate approach to health intelligence the post holder use leading edge project management methodologies, ensuring that appropriate plans are produced, key milestones are achieved and that the required outcomes are met. As a major transformation programme employee and stakeholder engagement and involvement will be pivotal. The post holder will therefore need to build strong, influential relationships with senior staff across the organisation, and key stakeholders.
The post holder will be responsible for:
1. The design of a new Target Operating Model for intelligence services across the clients state
2. The successful delivery of the project to redesign intelligence services across Wales in terms of time, cost, quality and change management
3. The supervision of a Business Analyst
4. The leadership of the project delivery team
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Define a future organisational model that provides the leadership, co-ordination, agility and accountability required, by:
a) Gathering baseline data, including understanding the wider intelligence landscape in Wales and the UK.
b) Defining how key information processes will operate across the client, including knowledge management
c) Understanding current and future demand for intelligence, and defining how demand will be managed and what a future service offer will be, including the degree of commercial activity
d) Agreeing the purpose, vision and values for the new service with key stakeholders, along with a set of supporting design principles to guide the design of the target operating model.
e) Defining a technology and information architecture required to deliver future services
f) Integrating technology and information architectures into a target operating model, supported through a robust outline and full business case process, with full costs and benefits
g) Building and implementing the target operating model, achieving a successful transition to business as usual and agreed cashable and non-cashable benefits
h) Deploying an effective business change approach throughout, maintaining high levels of staff and stakeholder engagement
1. Extensive experience of successfully leading and implementing large scale projects at a senior level
2. Exceptional track record of working across multiple organisations to deliver service change.
3. Experience of leading and managing projects and teams in an informatics environment
4. Experience of leading and managing projects and teams in a intelligence environment
5. Experience in delivering highly specialist change management and quality improvement services
6. Experience of successfully leading and implementing project driven change management
This is a critical role. Only applicants with demonstrable experience in delivering this nature of programme work should apply. A full and detailed spec is available on application. Please contact Rebecca Bloxam on for full details.