Salary Band: Band 7 £32,013
Hours: Full time - 37.5
Duration: Fixed Term/Secondment opportunity with the potential to last up until October 2019
Job Reference No: 17/162
NHS 24 is seeking to recruit a Senior Project Manager, ideally experienced in delivering agile projects, to lead the development of a consistent GP website product available for use by every GP practice in Scotland. This project will support GP practices with their digital presence, enabling increased access for patients to services digitally. This supports the Scottish Government and NHS Scotland ambition of a 'Once for Scotland' approach.
The post holder will facilitate programme progression at an organisational level, supporting key stakeholders to fully implement new services. Depending on the size and scope of the project this may entail working jointly with suppliers and 3rd parties who may be responsible for elements of the project.
Key responsibilities of the post include:
• Through facilitation, guidance and mentoring, provide expert advice on all aspects of project management to enable an organisation-wide approach to successful project implementation
• Introduce recognised improvement methodology towards the product development (GP practice website)
• Implement and maintain highest quality programme and project management standards, reports and processes to identify and manage cross-project dependencies, risks and constraints for strategic projects. Mitigate risks and resolve issues where possible or escalate as required in order to ensure quality resolution and benefits delivery.
• Manage project from discovery, through alpha and beta build phases ensuring that the project produces the required products, to the required standard of quality, and delivers the expected benefits, all within the specified constraints of time and cost
The post holder will also be responsible for the day-to-day management of the initiative.
• Oversee overall project management
• Business case development and benefits identification
• On-going benefits realisation management
• performance reporting
• Introduction and maintenance of improvement plan utilising recognised methodology
• Use of industry best practise in the delivery of projects utilising Agile methodology
To be successful in this role applicants must be able to demonstrate the following essential criteria within their application:
• Educated to degree level or equivalent; with post-graduate professional education or have equivalent experience of project and portfolio management preferably within the Health Service
• Programme / Project Management qualification(s) preferably including Agile accreditation and experience of applying Agile methodology
• Significant practical experience in the management of large programmes of work with a scope and range overarching several departments/an organisation.
• Expert knowledge of project management methodologies.
• Knowledge of benefits realisation tools and methods
• Effective leadership skills
• Ability to motivate staff effectively
• Ability to work with staff and individuals from different organisations and at different levels of seniority
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Ability to build effective relationships, influence and persuade internal and external stakeholders
• Knowledge and ability to design and implement policies and procedures
• Knowledge of budgetary management and control processes
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise a varied and substantial workload
• Ability to use the full range of IT office systems and equipment, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and internet
In addition, it would be desirable (but not essential) for the post holder to be able to demonstrate the following in their application:
• Background in Health and Social Care desirable, with knowledge of the role of GP practices within the community
• Knowledge of change management and service re-design processes
• Understanding of the impact of change on individuals and organisations
• Evidence of analytical, investigative and problem solving abilities
• Qualification related to an Improvement Methodology such as LEAN or Six Sigma
Successful candidates can expect to work Monday to Friday with occasional weekend or evening work.
Should you wish to discuss this role further please contact Kevin Hutchison, Digital Development and Content Manager NHS 24 on.