Senior Project Manager
Are you a Senior Project Manager with experience of managing multi-stream projects to deliver a single business goal?
Do you have solid line management experience with a PMO alongside experience in the use of project planning tools.
Our Project management team at Envigo is rapidly growing and we are looking for Senior Project Managers with experience in stakeholder management to work with sponsors and the project team to define, manage and deliver the scope of multiple projects.
Reporting directly to the Global Director of IT Project Management Office and working within the IT Project Management Office (PMO), the Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading and managing projects/programs to support all business needs including IT and Operational projects as required. Ensuring that all projects produce the required results or outcomes, to the required standard of quality and within the specified constraints of time and cost.
- Responsible for scoping of projects including reviewing, evaluating, prioritising and planning of assigned projects and achieving formal approval for project launch
- Stakeholder management for all project teams and sponsors feeding back to director of IT PMO as required
- Work with stakeholders and users to survey and analyse the requirements for systems and processes to meet business needs and clearly define the deliverables and measurements of success
- Plan, organise, lead, manage, monitor and evaluate assigned project/s within the defined constraints of time and cost.
- Identify, track and manage all project risks working with risk owners and sponsors following risk management methodology
- Organise and manage project meetings
- Management of large project teams and sometimes other PMO team members
- Prepare all required project documentation including validated business cases, requirements and deliverable specifications as necessary
- Ensure appropriate project management standards and procedures are implemented and followed
- Ensure that project solutions are delivered in line with approved project deliverables on time, quality, scope and cost
- Identify potential cross-business synergies and benefits and communicate back to the business and be able to implement improvement plans
- Suggest and implement standards and procedures to be adopted by the IT Project Management Office (IT PMO)
- Complete regular status reports for the project/s being led and managed in line with business cycle
- Produce metrics and reports in line with the PMO process
- Ensure that project issues are raised in a timely manner and managed trough to resolution
- Support less experienced team members in their development and support in deliver of project
Key Skills & Experience:
- Experience of managing multi stream projects to deliver a single business goal
- In depth understanding of planning techniques - for example; the application of schedule planning, work breakdown structures and resource management
- Experienced in the use of project planning tools and standard business administration software (e.g. MS Project)
- In depth knowledge of the full business lifecycle management, including capture, qualification and developing project schedules and defining success criteriaAble to interpret the requirements of projects for a project control service and to effectively apply the correct processes and tools to ensure the effective delivery of the service, either directly or through the direction to other member of the Project Management Office.
- Good technical project planning skills with experience in common project planning tool sets (such as Primavera, MSPS).
- Line management experience
- Experience in stakeholder management to work with sponsors and project team to define manage and deliver scope of project.
- Ability to influence project direction and drive key project decisions
- Ability to establish and meet deadlines, multi-task and prioritise work within the project and negotiate timelines and resource as required
- Good communication skills with the ability to build relationships from exec level and down through the business
- Attention to detail and able to work on own initiative
- In-depth knowledge of PMO governance structures, processes and procedures (Essential)
- Management of medium to large project teams (Essential)
- Competency with appropriate IT tools and reporting development to support project metrics (Essential)
- Strong influencing, interpersonal and negotiation skills (Essential)
- Management of project budgets and delivery to cost (Essential)
- Excellent communication skills - written, spoken, listening (Essential)
- Strong organisational skills (Essential)
- Strong risk and issues management experience (Essential)
- Strong experience in project lifecycle including scoping, planning, execution and closure (Essential)
- Experience of working and communicating directly with senior management to board level (Essential)
- Experience of working in a regulatory environment to GMP / GLP / GCP standards (Desirable)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"