Position: Senior Project Manager
Location: South London
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000
A long standing and established Legal 500 law firm are looking to recruit an Project Manager to join their growing IT Team within their London office. This is a great opportunity to work for a company that prides itself on being able to offer top quality work, excellent career prospects and a healthy work life balance in a supportive working environment. As a senior project manager in the Business Solutions team within IT, you will be responsible for the end-to-end management of multiple projects to enable successful business change, driving adoption of technology solutions within the firm.
- Project governance - further developing and building on the established project governance methodology to ensure the right projects are initially prioritised within the programme of change;
- Supporting the IT director to agree and communicate the status of the programme of change within the firm;
- Support the business users with development of an investment case to help prioritise business projects to obtain sign off;
- Manage technical resources - ability to understand the business requirement and keep technical resources on track with the defined requirements when delivering projects;
- Liaise with stakeholders at all levels to ensure that project requirements are met, bridging the gap between business analysis and project management;
- Ensuring requirements are succinctly documented and all stakeholders are clear on the vision for each project;
- Regularly communicate progress of managed projects to various stakeholders at all levels of the business;
- Assist throughout the IT team to help improve project documentation and governance of IT projects;
- Building relationships with the IT Service Delivery team to understand pressures of support, analysing problems and helping to define projects that deliver real benefits to end users;
- Developing and publishing project resource plans, ensuring that projects are kept on track. Communicating variances and developing strategies to bring projects back on track; and
- Management of external resources - identifying areas where resources are stretched and delivering project outcomes through external flexible resources.
- Managing projects that may be entirely delivered by external resources, ensuring that the needs and requirements of the firm are met; efficiently, on time and on budget.
- Proven experience of delivering multiple IT projects from inception and sign off to a successful service transition.
- Willingness to be flexible in the delivery approach to projects depending on the requirement and timescale.
- Commercial awareness coupled with a solid technical background in an IT discipline throughout your career
- Ability to quickly identify projects that may be at risk, with the ability to develop and communicate remediation plans
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to use your experience to help develop processes and people
- Ability to quickly gain credibility within the firm to help build relationships, manage expectations and establish consensus within all stakeholder groups.
- Demonstrable experience of delivering communication programmes