A Senior Project Manager role in Brighton for £70,700 on a Permanent basis.
Hays Specialist Recruitment is now shortlisting applications to present, for consideration for interview, to The Pensions Regulator, which is situated in Brighton, East Sussex, as they seek to recruit a Senior Project Manager on a Permanent contract to be:
- Accountable for the effective scoping, design and implementation of Business Projects to time, cost and quality targets. This will include the delivery of 'large', complex projects , from feasibility through to implementation, involving senior stakeholders, multi million pound budgets and external 3rd parties.
- Responsible for building, leading and managing the Project Team consisting of internal and external resources.
- Delivery of all phases of the Project to time, cost and quality targets to achieve the agreed goals of the Project.
- Own the day-to-day relationship and communication with the Customer and key Stakeholders
- Work closely with key stakeholders to shape the Project in line with target benefits, the Business and IT Strategies
- Own the creation of the Business Case, including the project definition, the approach, resource requirements, costs, initial plan and initial risk analysis.
- Build, manage and motivate a Project team with an organisational structure that ensures clarity of role, management accountability, succession planning and staffing levels to drive successful delivery whilst remaining cost effective.
- Define, set-up and run the required steering / governance structure around the Project and its constituent parts to ensure the appropriate controls, guidance and issue resolution required to support successful delivery.
- Monitor the Project in accordance with the organisational Delivery Framework and governance processes.
- Construct and manage Project budgets, as well as, the ongoing monitoring and reporting of actual expenditure against the budget baseline.
- Manage third party suppliers and external services providers delivering products and services to the Project within the contractual framework.
- Manage risks, issues, dependencies and interfaces of the Project and proactively take corrective actions as required
- Deliver regular and accurate reporting information in line with organisational standards. This will include budget, risks, issues, resource allocation and progress against key milestones.
- Ensure the Project is delivered on time, to budget and with the agreed deliverables.
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to ensure that the benefits targeted in the business case are realised.
- Provide an escalation route for Project risks and issues, and ensure early identification, communication and corrective action.
- Ensure the smooth implementation of all project deliverables.
- Identify resource and skill sets required to achieve the Project goals and work with the Business Project Sponsor and Resource Managers to ensure the allocation and engagement of those resources.
- Ensure appropriate communication and knowledge transfer to all resources assigned to the Project in order to improve decision making which align with Project objectives, and IT and Business Strategies.
- Manage, develop and support the resources assigned to the Project to improve their personal performance through involvement in, and experience of, the Project.
Essential and Desirable criteria
- Extensive Project Management experience in a similar role.
- Delivered a number of high impact and complex business change projects that have successfully implemented new business capability(s) to meet regulatory requirements.
- Delivered a number of high impact and complex projects where the external spend was in excess of £3m.
- Expert knowledge of techniques for planning, monitoring and controlling Projects.
- Extensive and proven experience of building effective working relationships with senior business stakeholders (including third parties such as other government bodies and suppliers)
- Extensive knowledge and experience of project and Project delivery lifecycles and methodologies.
- Significant demonstrable success in Project / Project Management using leading methodologies and processes within a medium to large organisation.
- Strong enterprise wide level business change experience.
- Thorough grasp of the full range of business and technology issues encountered within Project delivery and demonstrable experience of driving resolution.
- Active management of third party suppliers.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job