Excellent basic salary + Car Allowance + Bonus + Other good benefits (Health etc.)
As an award winning supplier of Industrial Furnaces and associated heavy tooling to companies across the globe; my client is at the forefront of design, supply and commissioning of complex casthouse equipment to customers within the smelting, recycling and heat treatment industries.
Due to sustained growth and several new orders, they are now looking for an established Senior Project Manager to help them continue their impressive trajectory.
This senior Project Manager role will involve the complete management of the contract, from design through to acceptance / hand over and beyond, so you’ll be involved in all aspects of each project.
Some of the key areas include:
• Visiting the Customer to ensure that they are aware of, and agree with, the program and action plans. This is to include ensuring that all areas are approved and in accordance with contract timing programs etc.
• Reading and Understanding the technical and commercial contract signed with the customer and ensuring that the Company achieves the targets contained therein both technically and commercially
• Completion of Contract Cost Sheets, based on estimates, as well as producing cash flow predictions
• Working closely with other departments involved in each project, to ensure a smooth flow of information and developments
• Requisitioning of all items as necessary to ensure the complete supply of the plant. This involves the production of requisitions from engineering drawings and supplying them to the purchasing department
• Production of detailed specifications to enable packages of work to be placed with Suppliers.
• Controlling and monitoring multiple suppliers to ensure agreed timescales and quality
• Working closely with the Mechanical, Electrical, Software, Purchasing, QA, Sales and Logistics Departments at all stages of contract to ensure project needs are to agreed specification and costs, quality and availability
• Liaison with the manufacturing, installation and commissioning teams to ensure a uniform understanding of the projects
• Involvement in all commercial aspects of the projects
In order to succeed in this Senior Project Manager role, it is expected that you will:
• Have worked within Project Management in a similar “Heavy Industry” environment
• Carry recognised Engineering qualifications and industry training
• Have sound management skills when dealing with the departments and client contacts
• Have an ability to read, understand and provide technical input from engineering drawings
• Have good I.T skills, especially Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint etc.)
• Be capable of producing Timing Plans within Microsoft Project or Primavera SureTrak
• Be able to chair meetings with involved stakeholders and engineers
• Be capable of managing project budgets
• Have experience of managing several contracts at any one time (usually at different stages of the process)
It would also be useful if you:
• Had an understanding of stress calculations, size combustion systems, heat loss calculations and the mechanical aspects of system design
• Be able to advise on detail drawings / G.A / schematics / Manuals
In addition to working on some extremely involved projects you can expect the following rewards:
• A very good basic salary based on your experience
• Good car allowance
• A company bonus scheme
• An excellent company pension
• A company health scheme
• Good annual leave allowance
• Excellent career path and development opportunities, which includes the opportunity to become Chartered
This is only a part of the requirements for the role and rewards but does provide a flavour of what’s required.
If you would like to discuss the role before applying, please call John Ryan on 0115 9888792
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business