Senior Project Manager - Dorking
£40,000 - £50,000
Our client is seeking a Senior Project Manager to ensure the efficient running of allocated contracts from design to completion, on time and within budget.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of the project(s).
- Directly managing the site managers on each project ensuring they are carrying out their roles to an acceptable level at all times and supporting them as required
- Reporting to Company Directors on each project once a month in an agreed format to comment on Profit and Loss, Programme, Quality and General Issues.
- Reporting informally on a regular basis to directors to ensure they are informed on all aspects of a project, which in turn allows them to make any decisions necessary
- Producing valuations on a monthly basis per project and ensuring, certification, invoicing and payments follow within the contract timeframe
- Procuring sub-contract packages with the assistance of the procurement manager and ensuring best value for money is achieved, while maintaining quality and the assessing the contractor’s competency of completing the works in the time frame and to an acceptable level
- Keeping overall control of sub-contract accounts on each project (Via the use of the company QS, who will be working for all project managers). But ultimate responsibility is with the project manager
- Maintaining a well-organised schedule/diary to ensure all projects under your control receive sufficient input to keep the project running smoothly and efficiently
- Ensuring all aspects of health and safety on and off site are implemented at all times and also ensuring each site manager is operating in the correct way in regards to health and safety. This includes reading the H&S reports and ensuring the required changes are implemented
- Advising our buyers of material requirements in good time to allow them to procure the materials required on site, giving them enough time to source more than one quote
- Managing retentions, ensuring all snagging works are complete and retention monies are invoiced and collected
- Supervision of sub-contractors and suppliers
- Attending site meetings and site visits as required
- Travelling to visit site / client / supplier meetings as required (in the UK and overseas)
- Provide support to other areas of the business as required
Person / Experience Required
- Construction understanding and experience essential.
- Also good excel and word with the ability to read CAD drawings.
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Excellent organisation skills
- Good time management
- Ability to priorities work load and multitask
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Self-motivated with the ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Technical understanding
- Decision making
- CSCS card