Job Title: Senior Project Manager
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver project(s) that span across one or more business units. Manage resources, schedules, finance and adhere to stage gate quality and SDLC control guidelines throughout the full systems development life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
You must also be able to manage a team of Project Managers and Project Engineers.
- Responsible for using best practice PMO methodology to create a project plan to fit the stakeholders/customers' needs and deliver with-in budget on desired outcomes. Fully accountable for the result of the project, is the driver that holds the project together.
- Working closely with the Customer and Engineering the SPM is ultimately responsible for defining the project scope and objectives to ensure project members understand what is expected of them and what they should expect from one another.
- Prepares, maintains and submits clear & concise activity/progress reports and time recording/management reports. The SPM applies this proactive approach in routinely tracking the project members' progress against their project commitments.
- The SPM is responsible for defining, teaching, and enforcing the use of good project
management practices. Have a broad and flexible toolkit of techniques, resolving
complex, interdependent activities into tasks and sub-tasks that are documented, monitored and controlled. Adapt their approach to the context and constraints of each project, knowing that no "one size" can fit all the variety of projects. Always improving their own and their teams' skills through lessons-learned reviews at project completion.
- Have the knowledge, skills and experience to be able to recognize when problems surface or potential problems are looming. Able to articulate problems, bring the right people together to solve problems and know when the problem has been properly addressed and closed.
- The SPM recognizes that project success is directly related to satisfying the customer; therefore, customer involvement is essential to ensure that the right product is built.
- Communicates Project Status Upward and to the Client. No significant project status leaves the boundaries of the project without SPM approval.
- Communicates to all concerned parties project milestones, status updates, as well as any existing or potential customer escalation issues. Proactively follows escalation and change control processes. Has overall ownership of all management reports on a given engagement. Establishes a project culture where escalations to resolve "stagnant" problems are viewed as good business and not viewed as being personal.
- The SPM serves as a role model in promoting good working relationships across a project.
- Cultivate the people skills needed to develop trust and communication among all of a
project's stakeholders: its sponsors, those who will make use of the project's results, those who command the resources needed, and the project team members.
- Drives ownership of decisions to the level where the accountability of the decision must lie. A key result is that project members, with proper training and coaching, will almost always rise to the expectations placed on them.
- Mentors Project Members as a teacher and a helper. Help to develop the skill set and career path of any/all project managers within the team,
- Routinely engages in building consensus, developing contingency planning and providing recommend solutions
- Maintain documents of the life of a project and share information as necessary
organize and gather data for performance reviews
- Carrying out any other ad-hoc duties as required to support the needs of the business.
- Working and/or visiting various sites, as required, for short periods, which may involve absence from home.
- Maintaining a continuous professional development to ensure knowledge is up to date.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Project management experience
- PMP certification preferred
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job