Senior Project Manager
Nottingham, 35 hours per week (full time)
Here at The Nottingham we are heavily investing into our IT systems, it's an exciting time, with a large change agenda. To complete our team, we are recruiting for a Senior Project Manager within our IT & Change department to spearhead our Project Management team. You will be responsible for the successful delivery of significant, (sometimes multiple and simultaneous) IT project initiatives, from initiation to service transition; including management of resources, budget, quality and plans, as well as project governance. Management of a small number of junior Project Managers will also form part of the role responsibilities.
This is a superb time to join us - we are an ambitious company who are growing and leveraging industry leading technology to move the organisation forward. This is a huge opportunity for you to use your previous experience to help shape our project management capability and inclusion of new technology into The Nottingham.
Ideally, you will have successfully managed multi-million pound projects or programmes, including major systems migrations and complex system integrations within a waterfall methodology. Some experience of iterative project delivery would be desirable but by no means essential.
The key responsibilities of the Senior Project Manager include:
- Managing a variety of end-to-end software, systems or applications projects, including: planning, estimating, managing change, risk and issue management, budget set-up and control, resource and quality management.
- Managing business change as part of project delivery.
- Third party and stakeholder engagement; managing communications across project teams and wider business.
- Managing tender and procurement of contractors and third party services.
- Lead the identification of software systems and services from external suppliers, negotiate contracts for purchase and manage relationships with external suppliers and contractors to ensure objectives are met.
- Manage the projects using the Society's Project Management and SDLC governance, processes and methodologies.
- Identifying and implementing improvements to working practices - actively driving continuous improvements.
- Line management of three junior project managers.
We are looking for individuals who can demonstrate:
- A recognised project management qualification such as Prince2 (or equivalent)
- Extensive knowledge of project planning, estimating, budget and risk and issue management, change management, testing standards and benefits realisation.
- Good understanding of Software Delivery Life Cycle and the roles of Analysts, Developers, Testers, Security, Infrastructure, Support and helpdesk.
- Strong stakeholder management skills - at all levels
- A confident communicator; an ability to communicate effectively and appropriately at all levels and areas of the business. You must be confident to check and challenge stakeholders and third parties when required, as appropriate to the needs of the project.
- Strength to remain focussed under pressure and an ability to problem solve
- Strong managerial and internal networking skills
We seek a resilient, logical thinker with a natural problem solving ability and an aptitude for translating business needs in to solutions. You will have the desire to produce good quality, well documented and accurate work and able to perform in a fast paced and challenging environment.
In return for your outstanding contribution to the business you will be rewarded with a competitive salary, and a generous benefits package (holidays, healthcare cashback, pension, performance bonus etc.) as well as the opportunity to learn and progress in your role.
Please note that if your application is successful with The Nottingham you will be required to undergo background checks. All offers of employment are conditional on receipt of 3 years references and a satisfactory Financial and criminal records check.