Senior Project Manager
£40,000 - £60,000
Located in Coventry
Our client, UK's leading financial institution is looking to appoint a Senior Project Manager to join their growing function within the Business Change department which is the fastest and most successful departments for my client.
As a Senior Project Manager you will deliver large, complex change projects, many of which will have a significant IT dimension. Someone who follows our Change Framework, working closely with business stakeholders to achieve desired outcomes and benefits.
- Reporting to and working closely with a Change Portfolio manager planning and proactively managing projects, or complex work-streams, through the entire project lifecycle, from initiation to implementation and closure.
- Identifying and managing stakeholders effectively, anticipating points of resistance, and developing plans to mitigate or address the concerns
- Ensuring appropriate governance and risk management is achieved through application of project management standards
- Monitoring project costs against budget and progress against plan, applying proactive/creative solutions where appropriate
What we’ll be looking for in you as a Senior Project Manager
- Expertise in the management of change, with evidence of ability to work within a structured project management delivery framework. Ideally including SCRUM / Agile methodologies. Prince 2 or a similar qualification would also be advantageous
- A team player but with demonstrable evidence of strong leadership and influencing skills in a matrix managed environment
- Knowledge of business analysis techniques, the software development lifecycle and standard testing regimes Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Excellent communication skills at all level of the business with an ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with both internal and external parties.
- A passion and commitment to helping grow our teams through knowledge share and developing others