Senior IT Project Manager required by prominent North West based company to manage the delivery of major IT projects / multiple medium sized projects. These projects often involve multiple third parties, delivery by resources in multiple locations/countries, changes to multiple IT systems and the introduction, removal or modification to technical architecture together with significant business change. The Senior IT Project Manager appointed will be rewarded with an excellent salary to £60k pa plus a £7.5k car allowance.
Senior Project Manager - Skills / Qualifications/ Experience
- Minimum 8 years IT industry experience
- Minimum 5 years project / programme management experience including planning, reporting, budgetary and issue/risk management
- Business knowledge (retail sector)
- Project management tools and processes
- Strong knowledge across a variety of SDLC methodologies (e.g. waterfall and agile) and best practices
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to handle difficult or sensitive situations
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills both with internal stakeholders and 3rd party suppliers.
- Extensive, proven and successful track record demonstrating effective leadership and management of project teams as a senior project manager, with a focus on quality and results.
- The ability to motivate and manage matrix aligned resource
- Substantial experience managing IT 3rd party suppliers and partners both on and offshore
- Strong analysis and decision-making skills with keen attention to detail
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills with the ability to work proactively with minimal supervision
Senior Project Manager - Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Provide sustained project delivery management and assurance across a broad range of application and infrastructure projects, including:
o Setting up the overarching project governance for each project; liaising with all parties to ensure that the defined processes are embedded and adhered to (including 3rd party due diligence; formulation of contracts; organisational structures and roles & responsibilities; stakeholder mapping; escalation paths; reporting and key meetings; communication strategy; planning; risks and issue management; deliverables definition & associated acceptance; change control process; etc.)
o Driving the planning process to develop high level plans for the whole project, and mid-level and detailed plans for each stage/work stream, identifying activities, tasks, dependencies and milestones
o Preparing project briefs and other project management documentation as and when required.
o Securing internal and external IT resources required for each project as and when required
o Managing and tracking of progress (across all teams involved) and budget from concept to closure against plan and take action to minimise slippage, reporting regularly to IT and/or business management as appropriate
o Proactively monitoring the adherence to the governance definition, and implementing improvements for areas of weakness.
o The review and approval of project deliverables on behalf of the Company
o Sustained leadership and direction to both internal IT resources and external third parties on all project related activities
o Ensuring the transition and handover of projects into ongoing service and support is facilitated successfully.
- Provide sustained financial management and control of the project, including
o Formulating the initial budget and the regular re-estimation of forecast outturn
o Ensure efficient and effective use of capital expenditure whilst protecting time and quality
o Responsible for working with the wider IT teams and third parties to ensure that each project is delivered on time and to budget; formulating and managing mitigating actions through to closure of risks and issues with budget
o Purchase order and invoice administration and reconciliation
- Actively communicate and engage with stakeholders and senior users at all levels of the organisation up to CxO level where required
- Provide coaching and guidance to other team members
This is an excellent career opportunity, based in the north west of England easily accessed from Liverpool, Manchester and the surrounding areas and offering an attractive package c£60K + Bonus & Benefits. Please don’t delay in applying - for further information about the role and client please forward your CV to Steve Hallworth at Elevate Recruitment and she will call to discuss the client in more detail.
- Business Applications
- Project Teams
- Project Governance