Senior Project Manager
A leading Financial Services company are looking for an experienced Senior Project Manager to join their team on a contract basis. The Project Manager is responsible for delivering institutional change projects and ensuring change initiatives deliver to scope, time, budget and quality, providing the platform for the business to realise the associated change benefits. This role will involve managing a key work stream within the company's Brexit programme which is in regard to the creation of a new branch in Ireland to support the businesses distribution requirements post the completion of Brexit. The successful candidate will need to comfortable working in an unpredictable environment and be prepared to adapt quickly to changing priorities. The ideal candidate will possess a balance of business understanding, senior stakeholder management and project delivery skills. The role requires working effective working with various subject matter experts from across the business including Legal, Compliance, Product, Investment Operations, Distribution, HR and Finance.
- The take-over of an existing, but evolving project to succeed in terms of engagement, methodology, scope, design, resourcing and planning
- Manage multiple operational teams to deliver the required capabilities to budget, time and quality constraints
- Manage business relationships with senior stakeholders
- Review key project deliverables to ensure alignment to strategy/business case is maintained and that high standards are delivered
- Ensure adherence to best practices for project delivery, change control and risk containment
- Ensure that all benefits are clearly identified, tracked and realised so that projects are accepted by the business and successfully transitioned into service
- Track key deliverables, financials, resources and schedules and reporting their status to business sponsor, steering committees and technology management
- Control scope creep and report vacancies against base-lined plans, escalating where required
- Successfully closing projects and project phases
- Extensive experience in Financial Services, particular interest would be experience in Regulatory driven change in Investment Management
- Degree level education is preferred and a PRINCE 2 or other formal qualification is desired
- Proven track record of personally managing successful large scale programmes/projects
- Previous experience of managing projects delivering to regulatory requirements and timelines
- Strong leadership and matrix management skills
- Advanced use of project tools such as MS Project
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.