As a Senior Technical Project Manager within the Group Digital Platforms organisation you will manage critical development projects to help deliver robust and performant solutions covering the areas of Big Data, Analytics and Marketing.
Our aim is to deliver first class product-led solutions for use by our consumers (source markets, asset business and other business units) across the TUI organisation
What you will be doing
As a Senior Technical Project Manager you will join a busy team which is responsible for the delivery of solutions across the Big Data, Analytics and Marketing Platforms. You will project manage a portfolio of projects from inception through the entire delivery life cycle. You will drive the activities of the development teams and manage the dependencies from other parties (e.g. source market PM’s, other technical teams etc) to deliver projects against agreed target dates.
Your role will involve extensive coordination and communication with a wide array of stakeholders.
Within this role you will bring to bear your experience of working within a software development environment in previous roles and an in-depth understanding of Big Data technologies, Analytics tools and marketing platforms.
You will engage with all levels of stakeholder up to CxO level and will be expected to manage projects with multi-million pound budgets
You will be expected to bring best practice governance techniques and controls to the projects you manage.
You will also form part of the overall technical management team and work closely with the Technical Programme Manager to help shape project deliveries and priorities.
What we are looking for
- Proven track record of managing successful development projects combining agile and waterfall approaches is essential
- Ability to manage the challenges and priorities of a portfolio of projects concurrently is essential
- In-depth experience of some or all of the following technologies is essential
- Big Data ( including Hadoop/Hive/AWS-EMR)
- Marketing - IBM Marketing Cloud/IBM Campaign
- Analytics - Alteryx (or other analytics tools)/Tableau (or other visualisation tools)
- Cloud based solutions - AWS
- A self-starter who is comfortable at taking the lead to set up projects and hit the ground running with newly assembled teams
- Experience of working in the Travel industry would be advantageous but not essential
- A demonstrable organised approach and methodical way of working is essential
- Proven ability to understand customer's needs
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Confident demeanour which instils confidence in your peers and other team members
Working within TUI group
TUI Group is the world’s number one integrated tourism group. Covering the entire touristic value chain under one roof we employ 63,000 people in over 100 countries and offer 20 million customers comprehensive services in around 180 destinations worldwide.
Help make our customers smile and in return you will receive a competitive salary, pension scheme and further benefits such as generous holiday discounts, great rates with foreign exchange and discounts with retailers.
How to apply
Please click on the link below, the application process consists of answering a few questions and uploading your CV
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job